Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC - Mediocre Place to Work in Texas | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC

"Mediocre Place to Work in Texas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly good work life balance
Nice work space

Cons

Old-school mentality regarding promotions
Skewed view of what diversity means

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC

1. "It was a very good experience."

Former Contractor - Contract in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Contract in Chicago, IL

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The position I had allowed me to have independence in doing my job. Instruction and consultation, when needed, was more prompt than not prompt. As a contract employee, I was treated very, very well. Thank you to the associates, managers and the VP level.

Cons

I noticed that many long time employees are afraid to stick their necks out. In other words, a good idea may not get mentioned.

Advice to Management

Find a way to allow others to more freely air and implement their new ideas, without fear of losing their jobs.

"A Demoralizing, Stressful, "Sweat-Shop" Mentality Environment with Archaic Technology, and Visionless Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of intelligent, friendly, co-workers, benefits are good.

Cons

Hiredand trained for one job, "switched" to different job without asking employees, and two days of thrown together training that is normally an 8 week program - then "thrown to the wolves" to fend for yourself. Cannot take time off unless the "calendar" has hours on it, and if you take unscheduled paid time off, you only get so much before you get written up...so don't have a family emergency! Such a stressful environment, a lot of employees have to take medication to make it through the day.You are definately a number in this organization, which is sad. People that have been here for years do not have to do half the work that the new people coming in have to do...and we were told, "It is easier to to get the new hires to do (fill in the blank)...people that have been here a long time won't do it." WHAT??? (And they make 5 times the money - gee, that makes sense?!)

Advice to Management

Use your talent...do you even look at the resumes of your current employees?? Many employees are underemployed due to the economy...you have diamonds in the rough just waiting for opportunities that may be a better fit for both them and you. Listen to your employees...we are in the trenches daily and know the breakdowns in...well - everything, from communicaton, training, technology, and most importantly our customers that keep us in business...and,by the way, are less satisfied everyday...believe me - I talk to them.

Upgrade your training classes - Nobody new who asks the question, "where do I find that information?", wants to hear, "oh, it isn't in Blue source or a document, I just know it." OK, that doesn't help me!

Work at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC? Share Your Experiences