Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - Great company with great people | Glassdoor

"Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Claims Processor in Hingham, MA

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is very flexible and understanding

Cons

Benefits are mediocre.. especially for an insurance company

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2018-03-04

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Response

April 16, 2018University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review. We welcome our new associate feedback as we are continually striving for improvement.

"Fantastic Organization"

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

-Company really cares about it's employees - Clear communication from C level on down of business plan & priorities - Great benefits, flexible hours, remote working - Amazingly smart people, inclusive environment - Lots of long time employees with a wealth of info and who feel like family - Strong focus on innovation and growth - Entrepreneurial spirit is fostered and welcome

Cons

- Some pockets within the organization have more politics than others - Volume and pace of work in some pockets is extremely fast

Advice to Management

Weed out toxic leaders

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2019-02-15

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Response

April 29, 2019University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your past commitment to our organization! We are striving to create a dynamic culture and workforce.

"Great place if all your looking for is benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Benefits and flexible work hours. Great CEO who cares.

Cons

Don't bother coming here if you are creative and/or have an education you will soon find your self frustrated because you will be managed under someone with no experience in the field. Toxic culture and management allows it. Favored employees get to do and say what they want. I have witnessed bullying in the form of verbal and written communication. CEO Andrew Dreyfus is a great person who shows great leadership and...

Advice to Management

Campaigns that you run such as creativity, bring your flow, teamwork are only meaningful if employees actually do this. Otherwise, it is just something to put on your eval saying that you did attend.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2019-06-10

Discover more reviews about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.