Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - Fantastic company with room to grow | Glassdoor
  1. "Fantastic company with room to grow"

I have been working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time

Pros

BCBSMA really cares about employees health and wellness. Benefits are excellent and lots of opportunities for continuing ed and advancement if you are ambitious. Company has solid reputation and pay is above average.

Cons

Experiences vary a lot from department to department but, as with many large organizations, communication is not always there and things are found out through the rumor mill.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2018-12-06

January 28, 2019University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We welcome and value your perspective.

"Fantastic Organization"

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

-Company really cares about it's employees - Clear communication from C level on down of business plan & priorities - Great benefits, flexible hours, remote working - Amazingly smart people, inclusive environment - Lots of long time employees with a wealth of info and who feel like family - Strong focus on innovation and growth - Entrepreneurial spirit is fostered and welcome

Cons

- Some pockets within the organization have more politics than others - Volume and pace of work in some pockets is extremely fast

Advice to Management

Weed out toxic leaders

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2019-02-15

April 29, 2019University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your past commitment to our organization! We are striving to create a dynamic culture and workforce.

2. "Overall a good place to work"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts full-time

Pros

Benefits are excellent, good culture, very supportive of diversity and of the community. CEO is excellent and very friendly, approachable, and effective. Overall leadership team is strong, new CFO seems very smart. Focus on innovation is good.

Cons

Too many 'lifers' that have been here for too long.

Advice to Management

You have employees that are no longer effective, including their managers who are equally ineffective. Cut the dead weight.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts2019-04-26

April 29, 2019University Relations Specialist

Thank you for your past commitment to our organization! We welcome and value feedback as we are striving to delight our associates.

Discover more reviews about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.