Blue Fountain Media - A learning experience | Glassdoor

"A learning experience"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my time at Blue Fountain Media, I've learned more than I ever would've imagined. The people here are extremely creative - it makes for a great, productive environment.

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Fountain Media

"A toxic place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed some of my teammates who were smart, driven, a care about their clients. If you're a self-starter, there's a chance to learn some stuff, but don't expect training in cutting edge or innovative marketing. This company is like training wheels. Some good hires have been made in upper management and they work hard and care about their employees.

Cons

The CEO is impossible. I once witnessed him yell at two managers for 15 min in front of the entire office and then fire someone in front of everyone. All efforts by employees to build a great company are ruined by his narcissism and arrogance. He does not understand how to motivate or take care of employees and it creates a toxic and hopeless place to work.

Advice to Management

Take a leadership training course.

Blue Fountain Media Response

Jul 9, 2014

After seeing this posting, I had to react. Normally I would not bother with a response as professionals know that if they are interested in a company, they can check it out for themselves. However... More

"If only ZERO stars was an option, it would sufficiently describe this evil place"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Blue Fountain Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its actually impressive that this place stays in business considering how terrible it is. These guys are "professional" marketers, and they win whacky awards in the face of all logic to their credit. So just ask yourself if your career and/or hard earned money are worth the risk.

Cons

A CEO who screams four letter obscenities daily at the office. A COO who has never run a business and has no internal respect. A CMO who changes team structures monthly. Staff is fired every other week, and competent colleagues barely last 6 months before leaving for other reputable companies. They can't seem to hire in New York city anymore due to their reputation, and senior staff has been consistently leaving for over a year.

There is no place to make a career or learn or grow here. It's show up, do the work, log your time down to the minute, and go home to search Indeed and LinkedIn for a new, better job

Advice to Management

Sell the comoany to some competent and capable people, anybody, who can build a company where people dont hate who they work for. And stop creating fake online reviews on glassdoor and google reviews, and changing reviews by people after theyve left or been fired. People know the difference.