Blue Rhino - If you can get beyond it, not a bad place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Rhino

"If you can get beyond it, not a bad place to work"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
Current Employee - Truck Driver

Pros

I believe the company is solid, its the nature of working in the energy industry. Even in these economic conditions 2008 I feel secure with this petroleum based company. The company also purchases top notch equiptment for the drivers. The vehicles in my region are 2007 kenworths. The company also provides a decent uniform allowance to both seasonal and full time employees.

Cons

The company may be to big to address the needs of the consumers and vendors, which leads to lower employee morale. The central office often misses the urgency of the vendors / clients requests and the drivers wind up making excuses for or covering up for poor service.

Advice to Management

Talk to the people in the trenches about how the business being run.

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Rhino

1. "What Happened"

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

Ability to run the business as you saw fit.

Cons

Little support and constant money crunches ruined a good job.

2. "NOT A GOOD JOB"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

Pros

Decent Pay, great benefits, good co workers. Manager was cool. Decent bonuses.

Cons

Back breaking work, long hours, too many stops per day, fire you if you back up and have an accident even though you have to backup about 20 times a day. Treated bad by store managers sometimes. Very high driver turn over. Seen 5 different drivers in only a years time.

Advice to Management

Need to work on ways to take better care of your employees physically. Why do miller drivers get forklifts on their trucks when we are lifting 600 plus bottles a day with only our backs? I think cages should have been designed where they could be loaded with forklifts instead of by hand.