Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare - Meaningful Work w/ Great People | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare

"Meaningful Work w/ Great People"

Current Employee - Prevention Specialist in Roanoke, VA
Current Employee - Prevention Specialist in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love my career. I love what it allows me to do to help others. My co-workers are great.

Cons

It's social service work. None of us are getting rich. However, full medical insurance, a traditional pension, and flexible PTO are hard to beat nowadays.

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare

1. "Great for Learning"

Pros

Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare offers free clinical supervision and promotes participation in training opportunities. This environment is great for growing clinical skills with opportunity to grow within the company. The company offers generous paid time off. The work environment is one that is supportive of the employee, promoting self-care and family priority.

Cons

Blue Ridge Behavioral Heathcare is in the middle of change and transition that is necessary to provide top notch treatment, however, is stressful. Trying to keep up with all the expectations at the expected fast pace can be daunting at times.

Advice to Management

Lead by example, take ownership when things are not working, and develop empathy towards front line staff. Understanding the intricacies of the job and the difficult task of maintaining a balance between providing quality care and fulfilling BRBH expectations.

Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare Response

May 23, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad to hear that your “pros” are in line with our agency goals, such as promoting training opportunities, licensure supervision, and opportunities for... More

2. "Recovery Coach"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Blue Ridge Behavioral Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff here are very supportive of one another, which is a big change from my last job.

Cons

Don't really have any complaints, so far.