Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 10 years

Blue Shield Career

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Lodi, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have many experience in all my 38 years with Blue shield. I have managed to create a balanced-fulfilled life with a company that allows flexibility in my schedule which works for me and my family. I have learned many new skills by being able to move and promote to other departments- enabling me to learn as I go. Blue Shield is a fair company and pays a good wage, with good benefits - with many opportunity to promote if you wish. It has been great working for blue shield- I've met many wonderful people.

Cons

I've just learned that in order to move up or around, we have to self promote and reach out to learn and promote ourselves at BSC. It's rare to have someone knock on your door and say hey you want a job or I feel you would be good at this job? other than if you choose a mentor for yourself. I feel that Blue shield does need to do a better job in promoting and having more diversity within our departments. I've seen a change in the last two years, but I feel we still have a long way to go.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Fantastic

Jul 28, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Place. Great Place. Really Great. Words for Professionals. Great Place. Great Place. Really Great. Groovy. Jenkins. Chef. Puppet. Professional. Atmosphere.

Cons

Perfect Place. Really Perfect. Perfect Place. Professional Words. Perfect Place. Really Perfect. Perfect Place. Apache. WebSphere. Git. Golang. Python. Clearcase.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not the company I wanted to retire from

Jul 30, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are provided with a set schedule and really that's about it.

Cons

I was told because of COVID I would have to get a COVID vaccine in order to return to the office and if I failed to do so then "You will just have to quit" instead of letting me keep working from home. No follow through from management and they say their doors are always open and there's no retaliation for bringing your concerns to management but that's not true. If you tried to go above your supervisor directly to the floor supervisor or even HR , you definitely heard about it from your direct supervisor because of "how disappointed I am you didn't feel like you could come to me with your concerns"

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Blue Shield Of California.