Blue Valley Unified School District - No respect or support for teachers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Blue Valley Unified School District

"No respect or support for teachers"

Pros

A teachers schedule will give you a lot of time off, including all major hollidays. The teachers are mostly caring and support each other.

Cons

Building and district leadership is questionable and too much emphasis is placed on assessment scores. Support is questionable from district and building leaders and the teachers are not supported by their administrators. Image is far too important.

Advice to Management

Support the teachers, be more visible, eliminate fear of not earning AYP by downplaying the assessments importance, hold all teachers, administrators, parents, and students to the same fair standard (don't play favorites).

Other Employee Reviews for Blue Valley Unified School District

1. "Special Education Paraprofessional"

Current Employee - SPED Paraprofessional in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - SPED Paraprofessional in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Blue Valley Unified School District full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The district and elementary school I work for are excellant examples of what education can and should be. I love what I do!

Cons

The salary I receive is very low. There should be more compensation for experience and dedication.

2. "Love the job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Blue Valley Unified School District full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work as a Paraeducator and I love my job. The kids are great and the school is great.

Cons

The only down side I would say is the pay, which is understandable and expected when you work at a public school in kansas.

Advice to Management

I don't know what I would offer any advice other than keep what you're doing! I work for a great school and great kids!