BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York - I worked at the Buffalo, NY BC/BS location and the job was fine, not enough money and too far to drive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York

"I worked at the Buffalo, NY BC/BS location and the job was fine, not enough money and too far to drive"

Former Employee - OCR/Repair in Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - OCR/Repair in Buffalo, NY

I worked at BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great; the trainers were wonderful.

Cons

Treated like a child when it came to emergency time off. I had a problem one week with a bridge in my mouth that broke and had to go to the dentist every day a for a week and every day had to get a note like a child being sick and going back to school.

Advice to Management

I understand that things get out of hand when employees take advantage, but not everyone is dishonest. I also had time off scheduled, bought and paid for before I started the job and was told I was going to be allowed to take the time when I told the manager about it BEFORE I was hired. Then after I started the job I was told I couldn't take the time because someone else had it scheduled and only one person could be off at a time.

Other Employee Reviews for BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York

"Not a good company"

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a job.. That's about all you can say.

Cons

So many to list. Management is clueless on how to service clients. Computer programs are outdated (claim, cob, etc). Plan building of new groups are horrible. They would rather pay claims wrong and fix them in the future then process things right the first time. This is ok for fully insured plan, but self funded groups waste a ton of money having them handle the work.

Advice to Management

Replace most of the useless supervisors and managers and hire better people. Try to keep the good workers since most have left in the past 3yrs. Office culture is if you are friends with a manager or above, you will never get in trouble no matter what you do. Most of the great employees left for other companies. Only ones left are the union workers who do horrible work and the non union workers who couldn't get hired elsewhere.

"A healthy working atmosphere."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York full-time (More than a year)

Pros

BlueCross BlueShield is all about growth - as a team and individually. From the new CEO's quarterly connection meetings with the entire company to the TIPPER rewards system based on good deeds alone, my company really values its employees. And we have a private parking ramp. And a cafeteria! AND, a gym! Also, the views out onto the water from the 7th or 8th floors are awesome, especially when the sun sets. I actually don't hate going to work.

Cons

Cafeteria food is about 3-4 stars and we really never close during bad weather but other than that, pros definitely outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

Revise the cafeteria menus! (And pay me more?) Other than that, keep doin' you.