Bluewolf - Individuals Make Bluewolf, but short-sighted management approach is self defeating | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bluewolf

"Individuals Make Bluewolf, but short-sighted management approach is self defeating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Bluewolf consistently does a good job finding people that will fit with the current employees. I rarely (if ever) get to an assignment and find other project member that I don't instantly adore.
- Individuals work hard to make things right and genuinely care about the work they're doing and our clients.
- If you fit the idea of what management values in their staff, the Bluewolf world is your oyster. The company has offices all over the country and in Europe & Australia, there are clients in every industry and market segment, and roles that range from sales to client management to project support to technology (development and architecture). Many have been given opportunities to work in industries, roles, and locations that appeal to them.
- Recent improvement to benefits package. Nearly on par with competitors.

Cons

- If you don't fit the "I love to bill and work excessive hours" mold, or don't have an in w/ senior management, you are likely to get overlooked and have limited opportunities.
- Management talking points ("quality is king" or "we are obsessed about employee satisfaction") rarely translate into what management actually focuses on and measures ("how much are you billing?" "how great are this sales team's contribution to the pipeline this quarter?")
- The core group of managers are considered smarter than everyone else, so they and their favorites are the only people who participate in solving company problems.
- Little support is given to those who want to take time to learn or do the right thing if it impacts their util quota.
- Salary is low compared to competitors for more senior project delivery roles.

Advice to Management

Sometimes actual structure and expectations are ok. Worry less about ruining the "culture" (which is like a college freshman dorm half the time anyway) and worry more about retaining talent with support for cross training, professional development, realistic and deliberate staffing, and competitive salaries/benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Bluewolf

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Many of growing opportunities. Tons of experience in a short amount of time. Over 12 offices around the world. You get to work in many different large scale projects for huge corporations. Everyone is very smart in the company, and a lot of colleges have blown me away.

Cons

Pay, and being on the bench

"Great place to start a career in SF. Not so Great if you want to continue your career."

Current Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture.
    A strong and talented technical team.

Cons

1) There is a lack of Management. Lot of good resources and talented people within the company. But the internal process is broken in places.
    2) No clear career path for experienced professionals.
    3) Sales oriented company. No appreciation for developer efforts or behind the screen workers.
    4) Below market pay.
    5) Team keeps changing drastically.Too many farewell notes and welcome notes sent out each week.
    6) Bleeding talent. We loose a lot of smart people because of lackluster management.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at numbers to judge company's performance.
    Look at employee satisfaction as a criteria for judging company performance.

Bluewolf Response

May 9, 2014 – Head of Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. Insights like yours help us to make the changes necessary to create an amazing place to work.