Bluewolf - Huge opportunities for career growth across the organization | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bluewolf

"Huge opportunities for career growth across the organization"

Current Employee - Operations Strategy and Enablement Team in New York, NY
Current Employee - Operations Strategy and Enablement Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization is perfect for individuals who are entrepreneurs at heart. They enable every employee to make an impact on a daily basis, and they give us the support to go after our goals. I have been challenged since day 1, and it has been so rewarding to accomplish those challenges with a team like Bluewolf. The focus on working collaboratively, flexibility to own your own path, and the opportunity to challenge yourself is what keeps me here at Bluewolf.

Cons

Bluewolf is growing, so there are challenges with creating new processes. However, the leadership team is very adaptable and does their best to anticipate change. They also encourage us to think out side the box, and are extremely open to hearing our feedback on things we would like to see improved.

Advice to Management

Create more formal processes as the company grows.

Other Employee Reviews for Bluewolf

"Let me break it down"

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here for a while now, and I've seen people come and grow amazing careers, and I've seen people who haven't lasted very long. The thing is, you can generally tell what type of people will flourish and those who won't. If you are not scared of a challenge or being put outside of your comfort zone, are autonomous but feel comfortable to reach out for help; if you are motivated to succeed beyond all else and have a hard work ethic, you will do amazingly well here. The people who don't generally work out are the ones who need more of an organizational structure with clearly defined procedures; they are generally the type who need to know who is making decisions, and have had someone already clear a path for them. It is definitely a roll up your sleeves kind of place. If you have a big ego, it is probably not the best place for you.

This company is growing fast. The growth generally revolves around a team based culture where people are almost always willing to go out of their way to help you if you know how to ask for the help. I can honestly say that there is not one jerk at the company.

Because we are growing so fast, there is indeed some "organized chaos." This has some negative results that others have mentioned on this site (see below.) That said, there have been some major changes lately that show that the management team is listening - there has been a major investment in a talent management team to to be a feedback loop for the company as well as help employee's define their career paths. Every single position at the company is listed, and you can call out what position you aim to have in the future. If the position doesn't exist, you can suggest it.

There are also people who are very successful at Bluewolf who decide to leave. I think this is more a testament to the desirable skills you can develop on the job more than anything else. As a result some of the biggest names in tech come calling. There are definitely some things Bluewolf can improve upon to help this (See below.)

Cons

Margin is king, even in this great environment. This results in some of the negative things that are written on this site:
    -Benefits are getting better, but still generally not the best.
    -Pay has become more competitive, but it is still not above average.
    -There is no equity.
    -Most managers are doing too many things to focus solely on managing.
    -Someone here wrote that we are perhaps growing too fast - I'd have to agree with this (although it does present a ton of opportunity.)

To succeed you generally have to work your tail off. This is not a bad thing, but you have to be the one to create your own work/life balance and create your own boundaries, or the job can be consuming.

It seems the reviews on this site vary widely. If you read as far back as April-May 2013, you will start to see the reviews of a separate recruiting company that was formerly under Bluewolf's name. There also seem to be a few people who feel scorned. Outside of that, the reviews paint a pretty good picture of what is happening. I'd take the overall rating with a grain of salt because of the number of reviews that don't pertain at all the company that Bluewolf currently is.

Advice to Management

Put quality higher on the totem pole than margin. Do whatever you have to do in that regard.
    Offer path to equity. Invest in more non billable resources.

2. "Great place to grow your career as an Enterprise Consultant"

Current Employee - Engagement Manager
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazingly bright, collaborative and talented people. This environment is a constant learning environment. You are learning from your colleagues, your customers and changes driven from Salesforce.com.

The culture is one of independent thinking. You need to be able to drive the next tasks on your own. Nobody is going to be watching over your shoulder and telling you what to do. It is a goal driven environment. You need to be entrepreneurial and build your own work situation and drive to your targets. You need to be moving fast as everything in this technology space moves quickly. Doing so gives you a lot of independence.

The benefits have been tremendously improved this year. They are now comparable to a lot of major companies.

One tremendous benefit is the annual off-site workshop. This year was in the Virgin Islands. There are very few companies that invest in bringing the entire company together to share the culture, share the strategic plans, and ensure that all employees get to know one another. It shows a large focus on continuing the culture and ensuring that the employees are engaged and feel part of the organization.

This year the company put an emphasis on employee growth, engagement and career path. This is a major positive change.

The company has large goals and being on board for this growth at this time provides great opportunities for the employee who is looking to grow a career.

Cons

Since you are responsible for your own work, you need to maintain your own work-life balance. The company will continue to add responsibilities and tasks on you, until you stay stop.

Another issue is the lack of a bench of resources. This is due to the unbelievable growth. I know that the hiring is going on daily, but it always seems to be behind and it is taking longer to staff projects. This has lead to more travel than was expected because there are not enough people in one region or another.

Advice to Management

Continue work on employee programs. Build more structure in the operations. Hire more staff.