Bob Evans - This is a great company.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

"This is a great company...."

Current Employee - Server in Bridgeport, OH
Current Employee - Server in Bridgeport, OH

Pros

as long as you do your job! The people are great! Employees, co-workers and of course management! You can learn so much from this company to take with you to other companies as well! EXPERIENCE!!! You can learn SO much!

Cons

Credit tips go to your paycheck and are taxed.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is do what you feel is right, don't let anyone make your decisions for you.

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

"Worst place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with good people at the hourly level because they care. Made some great friends when I was there.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, no advancement, your expected to be a robot as a manager. Forget about having a social life have to close one night then open the next. Worked 60+ hours a week with no consistent schedule and forget about being sick ever just suck it up and deal with it. No one at corporate listens to complaints just brush it aside like its not there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

2. "Not a reliable job"

Former Employee - Host in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - Host in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, co-workers were usually friendly

Cons

Inconsistent scheduling, management only cared about the numbers and profits, no raises or promotions. I worked 2 years with this company, all the while I was a loyal hardworking employee. I was even often told by management that I was one of the best they had, yet I was never given a raise, promotion, or any other incentive to work harder. I was hired as a host but often had to wash dishes, because the actual dishwashers were too lazy or wouldn't show up for work. I was given tasks that should have been done by other areas of the restarsunt's staff, and I always got the short end of the stick. My final straw with this place was when my hours were cut without warning or reason down to 6 or 7 hours per week. At that rate, I couldn't afford to put gas in my tank. Frequent over hiring of new employees made these cuts a regular occurrence and made sure nobody would ever get decent hours.

Advice to Management

If you don't offer incentives to employees, they won't stick around. Gettin minimum wage for two straight years as a loyal employee with no raises left me no choice but to leave.