Bob Evans - Served at Bob Evans | Glassdoor

"Served at Bob Evans"

Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my job at Bob Evans as a server. They will work with you on a suitable schedule. For the most part you have a fixed schedule so you are able to make plans. Management will work every bit as hard as you do. Benefits are good, if you meet the requirements. I made a lot of money there.

Cons

The biggest obstacle is becoming eligible for benefits. You must retain a 36 hour weekly average for 6 months and, then you are designated as full time and offered benefits. You then need to maintain that weekly average to continue receiving benefit. That is not as easy as you might think.

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

"Great company if you can quickly advance to GM or higher, other than that your underpaid"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Findlay, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Findlay, OH

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility, willingness to teach you new things,

Cons

long hours - scheduled 50 work 50-65 a week, raises are minimal just enough to say they are giving you one, bonuses - don't even count on it my last was $100 and my GM's taxes of their bonus was 4 digits. bonus is divided amoungst all store managers 6% AM (2 of them) 26% AGM and 62% GM

Advice to Management

if you want to decrease turnover let your employees have a work life balance. consider a 5 man team with 40 hr work wks like normal people have.

"Assistant General Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Gaylord, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Gaylord, MI

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free meals when working, no late nights, many locations to choose and/or get promoted to

Cons

crappy benefits, recently they have had a tendency to just threaten your job instead of supporting and motivating you, unreasonable expectations, corporate makes it very clear that stockholders are much more important than any of employees or managment

Advice to Management

support your management, we are the ones on the front lines day after day and yet even when we meet your high goals you find a way to throw something else we aren't perfect at in our faces. The company used to care about us but the past couple years i've watched it decline and now its at an all time low. Change back to the ways that made you a success..because everyone is jumping ship.