Bob Evans - Good place to start serving | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

"Good place to start serving"

Former Employee - Server in Beachwood, OH
Former Employee - Server in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- will hire servers without prior experience
-good training program
- unlike most restaurant jobs you make most of your money in the morning and actually get a decent night life
- the money is pretty decent
-can learn a lot about the restaurant industry

Cons

- can make much more money at other restaurants
- quality of staff varies drastically with location

Advice to Management

none

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

1. "Wouldn't go back if they paid me double."

Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, as a hostess there aren't too many things that you are responsible for.

Cons

I only got 8 hours a week on the schedule, the management constantly criticizes you, not even constructively. Total disorganization. Double standards. A terrible place to work. Plus even if you do work there, most Bob Evans are shutting down. That's how I lost my job there and they don't even tell you until 1 hour before the store will be closed forever.

Advice to Management

Use a static weekly schedule, and actually help out instead of just stand around and complain use better terminology when giving out "constructive criticism."

"Mistreatment of employees"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

can become like a family

Cons

Corporate seems to be forgetting who bays their bills, the units. Corporate seems to be reaping all the rewards and keep taking from the people who are the heartbeat of this company. Family orientated my butt. Managers have to work 50 hours a week, fine, then stop loading so much crap on us, and pay us extra for going over 60 or more hours a week. Who pays for the mistakes at corporate for menu misprints, and wasting thousands on reprinting menus over and over, or going over marketing budgets? Do they get their jobs threatened and degraded?
    I wonder, does corporate have the same crappy benefits we do? Thanks for cutting our bonuses and having us push out the old and bring in the young and non benefited employees, whom also may I add are some of the hardest working people whom have dedicated decades to fattening your pockets and not offering to fill theirs.

Advice to Management

All of you from secretaries to CEO work a month in our shoes with people like you running the company