Bob Evans - Too lean | Glassdoor

"Too lean"

Current Employee - Analyst in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is looking on strong growth opportunities and there is a lot of room for career advancement.

Cons

Too lean for the amount of growth and change experienced for the last couple years. Many departments are vastly understaffed, and in my experience, employees are not compensated for the level of responsibility and amount of change they face on a daily basis. Work/Life balance is literally a joke between employees. In addition, a high percentage of company employees have been with the company for 15+ years and put in just enough effort to get by because they know the will not lose their job.

Advice to Management

Pay for employees who will get the job done right the first time.

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

1. "Basic Waitress Job"

Former Employee - Waitress in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Waitress in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working has a relaxed atmosphere and the customers tend to be elderly. The menu doesn't change often and it's quite an easy system of writing up tickets and then producing the computer bill.

Cons

Because majority of the customers are elderly, tips can be on the low end and some customers sit for hours at your section tables without ordering anything new.

Advice to Management

Find a way to limit how long someone can sit at a table if they are not buying food/drink anymore.

2. "Wouldn't go back if they paid me double."

Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Hostess in Concord, NC

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, as a hostess there aren't too many things that you are responsible for.

Cons

I only got 8 hours a week on the schedule, the management constantly criticizes you, not even constructively. Total disorganization. Double standards. A terrible place to work. Plus even if you do work there, most Bob Evans are shutting down. That's how I lost my job there and they don't even tell you until 1 hour before the store will be closed forever.

Advice to Management

Use a static weekly schedule, and actually help out instead of just stand around and complain use better terminology when giving out "constructive criticism."