Bob Evans - Nice Company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

"Nice Company to work for."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice company to work for.

Cons

Too much employee drama daily.

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

1. "I've learned a alot"

Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked there since I was a teenager and it has helped me develop many skills.

Cons

Hard work and if you are a server it depends on your location how busy you may be and how well you are tipped.

2. "They expect a lot from their managers, good processes and resources, good restaurant job"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They provide good training in my experience, but as always, training is what you make of it. If you work hard and are willing to relocate frequently, advancement is made based on ability and performance.I have gotten pretty steady raises and was promoted within two years.

Cons

New procedures and processes come out very frequently, and it can be difficult to feel up to date on everything, or find all the information you need if it's only in your restaurant e-mail history. There is increasing pressure to build sales and cut costs to avoid large price increases. Sometimes the labor cost needs are at odds with giving great service and taking time to train your staff effectively. The health benefits seem to change every year to give the greatest cost savings. I find the medical coverage average at best, but I am lucky to be relatively healthy. For someone who does not want to relocate, like me, there can be little opportunity to become a GM if those in your area are entrenched. I don't love the hours/lifestyle, but understand the industry that I chose.