Bob Evans - Understand what Restaurant you're getting into. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bob Evans

"Understand what Restaurant you're getting into."

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time

Pros

The company has good values. Pay is good the tools for success are there.

Cons

Many policies and procedures are outdated, unrealistic, or inefficient.

Advice to Management

Shorten the menu.

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

"I hated this job."

Pros

The staff (other than managers), the customers, pay every week

Cons

Management was very unorganized and didn't consider my requests when scheduling, very strict, very little pay for what you're expected to do

Advice to Management

Be more organized. Don't expect the employees to know information if you don't tell us it.

2. "understaffed and low labor goal"

Pros

If it is a busy restaurant, you can make a decent sum of money, you can take care of yourself and save.
    Depending on the location, You either work with great employees or encounter wonderful customers but not both.

Cons

Bob Evans primary goal is to save money and keep it's labor (staff) low. Therefore the staff is overworked and faces anger and resentment from customers. As I worked for BE's it was normal for teenagers to be hired which leads to many call offs making BEs understaffed on a normal basis. A friend of mine who still works for them has just informed me that BE's has changed the way they staff her restaurant to scheduling even less staff than they previously had. My friend works at a fairly busy location to begin with so this makes it impossible for the staff to give customers good service. My advice to those looking for employment is to avoid BE's. My advice to customers is to go to Cracker Barrel or IHOP.

Advice to Management

Encourage customers to call the Bob Evans corporation and be honest about their service. I hope you can find a way to make Bob Evans a Restaurant where people want to work and where customers can have a good experience. You shouldn't have to comp meals and give out free bob evans coupons in order to get customers to return.