Bob Evans - Awful! | Glassdoor

"Awful!"

Pros

helpful staff, good bathrooms, eay

Cons

money money money good benefits

Other Employee Reviews for Bob Evans

1. "Bob Evans is a great opportunity for first time job seekers"

Former Employee - Kitchen Prep/Grill Cook in Chambersburg, PA
    Former Employee - Kitchen Prep/Grill Cook in Chambersburg, PA

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work for a high school student or college student is looking for a good part time starter job.

Cons

work life balance between life and work as well as, time off the company is very fair when it comes to this regard overall, not very many cons.

Advice to Management

Management should be very helpful no matter the situation but they are not.

2. "YOU are not important"

Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cash and fast-paced job. Majority of staff is alright.

Cons

Awful management. Favoritism played throughout shifts. Unrealistic goals set by unfit managers. Unrealistic outlooks on life and productivity. Employees treated like dirt and children. You hit a wall once you get a decent section, you stop advancing and become unproductive. Over-all terrible corporate operations that have their wallet's well-being in mind, not their employees. I started as a 17 y/o and would work at least 3-5 hours a week without pay due to the "Breaks" they give you. They'd force me to close the store and work past the "5-hour" rule for minors off the clock. Once I turned 18 I realized I wasn't getting paid what I should have been. A Specific manager had terrible cleanliness and I often had customers emphasize they would not be back due to her. The current AGM brings their own stressful life into the work place and makes it miserable for everyone while being bi-polar enough to never truly know if she ever meant what she was saying. The GM sets unrealistic goals and puts an unrealistic amount of responsibility onto the servers. Constant "busy-work" that made no sense or impact on any shift. I've witnessed this manager force a host to stay and work the register with a stomach flu, not okay. Management isn't corrected for their flaws and if they do somehow hear of their mistakes it is places on their shift's shoulders.

Advice to Management

The company is going under, since Bob passed and before that when it was sold to corporate offices it's been a steady decline in sales and productivity. So, I say to managers where I have experienced, abandon ship while you still can. I plan on doing so promptly.