Boeing - Good company but overworked and under-appreciated in the wrong job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Good company but overworked and under-appreciated in the wrong job."

Former Employee - Static Loads Engineer in Renton, WA
Former Employee - Static Loads Engineer in Renton, WA

Pros

Opportunities to travel and gain some great experience working with other companies. Paid to attend relevant courses. Supportive supervisors and first level management.

Cons

Hired mostly college grads and exploited their eagerness to pay them less and make them work lots of overtime. Very little direction given on projects. Constantly changing analysis software, expecting employees to become experts in a few weeks and provide professional results immediately after. Significant contributions to project success earned a "satisfactory" rating on performance reviews.

Advice to Management

When you bring in new graduates, work with them to place them in an area where they will thrive and grow instead of getting exhausted and quitting. Also: If your employees perform well, acknowledge it verbally and give us a good review! Don't just send us a printed form certificate saying "Thanks!" along with with just enough points to buy $20 of cheap plastic crap from the company store.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

1. "GREAT INTERN EXPERIENCE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Company really takes you in and makes you feel comfortable as an intern. The Seattle program is fantastic. A lot of responsibility, not like a get coffee kind of internship.

Cons

Job placement after isnt as good as they say it will be. Really make every effort to seek out opportunities and do info interviews with managers.

2. "I like the people I work with; change within an aging workforce can be challenging, but I wouldn't work anywhere else."

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA

Pros

Awesome education benefits! Zero cost, comprehensive medical/dental insurance. The company wants people to enjoy their work, and if they don't, they try to place them in a position within the company that they will enjoy. My family and I have always felt Boeing has taken very good care of us; we feel secure career-wise

Cons

There can be a crazy amount of beaurocracy! There is an aging workforce, so there are many employees (and managers) who are just "camping" until retirement. This makes change difficult, as innovation can feel as if it is discouraged. However, this will pass, and there will be many opportunities for those who are still there.

Advice to Management

Encourage change to happen. Require employees to do some sort of professional development every year; senior employees lack knowledge of current technologies, so they fear it. The result: innovation dies.