Boeing - It's a great time to join the company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"It's a great time to join the company."

Current Employee - IT (Developer) in Everett, WA
Current Employee - IT (Developer) in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a lot of opportunities and is doing very well in the industry.

People here are friendly and willing to help others. They have a mentoring system for all new employees to ease into the company.

In the next few years, the company will be having a lot of older workers retire and there is a need for knowledge transfer to younger employees. The company is actively trying to hire younger employees to fill the gap when those older workers retire--its a great time to join Boeing and help define the culture and cement a career in the company for the future if you are a recent graduate.

Cons

The current workforce here is very old and nearing retirement (I would say a majority of the workers here are around 45-50). A lot of the software systems here are very old and in need of retirement of replacement. The company does not adapt to new technology very quickly. Change in the company can be slow due to the long chain of bureaucracy. The size of the company can feel overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Be more hands on with your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

1. "Discriminatory organization to say the least"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, working conditions, corporate enviornment. Just about all the perks you're looking for in a company is there: flex-time, telecommute, 9/80, etc...

Cons

Most African Americans consider it a discriminatory organization, they pride themselves on the cases being difficult to prove. If you research the company on the internet you'll see there's a history of it. People aren't banding together to file class action lawsuits for nothing. Within a few weeks of starting my employment there, I received a letter in the mail indicating I was eligible to be included in a class action law suit.

Advice to Management

If class action law suits don't change them, I'm pretty sure my advice won't. They'll just modify it to make it good anyway.

2. "Opportunities available, but not provided."

Former Employee - Engineer Scientist V in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Engineer Scientist V in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Boeing has plenty of interesting engineering opportunities in both Defense and Commercial. They are smart and know how to read the market and anticipate the future demand.

Cons

Boeing still seems to put shareholder value ahead of long-term employee satisfaction. I applied to many interesting opportunities that were well suited to my experience over a one year period prior to my layoff. However, Boeing was intent on reducing senior level engineers to cut near-term costs.

Advice to Management

Focus more on developing employee talent organically and suppress your urge to always buy talent via acquisitions.