Boeing - Have no regrets about working for Boeing - even though they're closing their Kansas facility. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Have no regrets about working for Boeing - even though they're closing their Kansas facility."

Current Employee - Systems Support Technologist in Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Systems Support Technologist in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Exciting, diverse, great salaries and benefits. There are also many opportunities for education, training, and advancement.

Cons

The jobs are not always secure -- although, what company can offer that these days?

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Great bennies, Good pay, Friendly atmosphere. The northwest is a beautiful place to live. Despite what others say, it doesn't constantly rain, however there are allot a grey sky days. The weather sure beats the blowing furnace in Kansas where I came from. There's lots of things to do up here for people like me who like an active lifestyle. From hiking to biking, water skiing to snow skiing, and the Puget Sound right at your doorstep! There are carpooling options and bus transit options so you don't have to put the miles on your auto if you don't want to.

Cons

Parking at the Everett Facility is a nightmare. This factory is HUGE! The Cost of Living is quite expensive. I'm paying about 35% more on apartment rent. Traffic can be bad if you try driving down south to Seattle in the afternoon.

Advice to Management

The two managers I have dealt with so far have been absolutely great! They listen to your concerns, very down-to-earth, and are willing to work with you. I hope that any other management working at Boeing reads this, and strives to reach the same goals. I'll re-review in a year to see if I still feel the same way, but so far, so good.

2. "Nice stable, decent paying job."

Current Employee - Engineer VI in Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer VI in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits, excellent access to exciting programs, and high tech products to be proud of.

Cons

Company hangs onto too many under performing individuals, which keep costs high.

Advice to Management

Need to spend more money in R&D to take advantage of the new discoveries in technology. This research will pay dividends in our product line in the near future.