Boeing - Awesome place for a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Awesome place for a career"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Supply Chain Specialist in Macon, GA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits top notch-hard to beat from any other company including best medical, dental, vision, 401k match, etc...they have it all.
Learning Together Program for back to school or certificate training is by far the best anywhere. No hassles, free top notch education from just about any school in country
All of the world opportunities

Cons

Not many...maybe the up and down swing of aerospaced industry. But Boeing beets others because when government side is down, commercial side is up and vise versa so you always have somewhere to go if worried about layoffs.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"Very unpleasant work environment"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good view from this location.

Cons

Stalked by married males from room to room and to our cars. Engineers screaming at us (females) to approve designs that were not approved, to put our names on them & take the blame. Being subjected to a male lead sitting for 8 hours a day, staring at us within 2 inches of our faces. 8 hours. People sobbing in the restroom due to the stress. Impossible expectations from contract staff to force up to 30 engineers in a room to legally authorize acceptance to designs for The Military Tanker Project. Engineers refuse to attend, yet the schedule rolls on. Married male managers insisting on coming to single womens homes at night. Very physically dangerous environment for females. When women complain they are fired, and banned for life from employment. For life for saying no. Life.

Advice to Management

After 90 years, finally, finally, finally enforce your own anit-harassment "zero tolerance" policy towards abusing women in the workplace. Physically MONITOR married male offenders at all times. Do not allow married offenders to have any kind of power over female contractors or employees or access physically to female contractors.

2. "They really care about their people!"

Former Intern - Engineer Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Engineer Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Boeing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

benefits for interns
    encouragement to have a work/life balance
    people care about you and your home life
    airplanes are always cool
    lots of little perks for interns

Cons

possibly feel lost in a company so big
    possibly feel useless in a little job for such a big company
    sometimes there is poor PR going on about the company which may make you feel like you are not at a good company, even though you are

Advice to Management

The intern program is very strong, keep up the good work!