Boeing - Phenomenal products and a fantastic place to be an aerospace engineer | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Phenomenal products and a fantastic place to be an aerospace engineer"

Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Contract Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Highly flexible work/life balance. Decent pay.

Cons

Great engineering company - phenomenal products and a fantastic place to be an aerospace engineer; however, this also means that a majority of the management structure is driven by engineering. Thus, the business environment is sometimes rigid and highly process/procedure driven.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

1. "I was an intern in Business Operations for Boeing and it was one of the best experiences of my life!"

Current Employee - Business Operations Intern in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company really cares about its employees. Everyone I spoke to at Boeing had been at Boeing for years and really love the company. There is so much opportunity for rotations within the company and if you're not happy with your position, you can definitely find a new job area to work in. As interns, Boeing treated us amazing. Salary was great, stipend helped a TON with relocation to Seattle. Seattle as a city is also a ton of fun, why not get away for a summer?! :) If you do well on your job, Boeing is also really good about bringing you back, whether under the same management or in a different area that interests you more.

Cons

Be proactive in your internship. If the job is slowing down and there is not much to do, tell your manager ASAP because they will find you more! Network as much as possible. Be persistent.

"Comfort Zone"

Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. If you're an engineer you're part of the (SPEEA) union and will ALWAYS get a raise every year. We don't get Columbus day, Presidents day or other certain other holiday's off, but we do get 1.5 weeks mandatory off with pay. You choose your path...You can get away with minimal work.

Cons

You get sucked into the slow motion, and it's very easy to fall into a comfort zone where you neither progress nor digress. You can see 8 years fly by and you're doing the same thing, which is not mentally stimulating anymore and when you consider moving to a different job you realize your degree has 8years of dust on it and no longer feel you have the skill acquired through your degree to really apply to a job that requires it.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Offer alternative projects/assignments/jobs when asked for. Don't force your employees to do things you have been told for years they don't like doing.