Boeing - Nothing to write about | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Nothing to write about"

Former Employee - Software Engineer V in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Software Engineer V in Springfield, VA

I worked at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits were very good at this company

Cons

Did not have enough Senior level positions at this location.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"The Ignored"

Current Employee - Assembler in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Assembler in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. There is zero accountability.

Cons

There is zero accountability.
         Hearing how management wants you to have a work/life balance by working every other weekend is a total joke Upper management is completely clueless as to what goes on out on the floor.
         They say the mechanics are the life blood of the company, yet they have proven that the farther away from the plane you work, the more money you will make. The guy driving the forklift makes more than the A&P mechanic. But the lowest paid people on the floor are the QTs. Only industry in the world where quality makes less than the assemblers. Wages are a joke for the aircraft industry.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to the employees on the floor and not just your 2nd level managers and directors. We do not want pizza dinners, or ice cream. We want to feel like your listening to our issues.
         Quit trying to sell the job just so you can look like your making progress. There is no use in doing a job just to say you did something, and then take it all apart so you can finish a job that came before it.
         Hire more Quality. I know of a team on 2nd shift that has 3 people to do the same job that first shift does with 10. If you cannot figure out why moral is so low, maybe start looking at the real numbers and listen to the first line managers.
         We see what your doing to bring the union in, what are you doing to keep it out?

"Well managed and highly ethical. Good internship with bad timing."

Former Intern - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Systems Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at Boeing as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

- Very well managed
    - Great benefits and pay
    - Great community and very friendly

Cons

- Stuck with outdated systems for some of their products and sometimes unwilling to transition
    - Bad timing meant there were no positions available when I was looking for full time employment
    - Some employees are super married to their jobs, but I think that's not actually encouraged by Boeing

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and maybe be a bit more willing to try to explore the idea of transitioning some of your older development systems.