Boeing - Boeing a comfortable place to work at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Boeing a comfortable place to work at."

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Huntington Beach, CA
Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Flexible, secure and easy going.

Cons

challenge for career advancement, usually only based on seniority. People not recognized enough.

Advice to Management

Spend more time helping employees grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"You can get paid to be lost in an ocean"

Current Employee - Process Engineer III in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer III in Renton, WA

Pros

Great work/life balance. Flexible hours and ability to take time off when needed. Benefits are great, who has a pension anymore? Boeing does. The company is so large, you can always change jobs if you don't like your current one.

Cons

The red tape is thick, bureaucracy is the name of the game. Don't shake the boat too much, people get upset. Thirty-year employees just want to collect their large paychecks and be robots everyday. The unions are miserable, I am essentially in one against my will.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge and reward new ideas from new Boeing employees. You should not need 10 years at Boeing before your opinion is valued.

"Boeing employee loves the benefits but not the bureaucracy"

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Everett, WA

Pros

Boeing creates some of the greatest consumer products in the World. Working for a company that manufactures incredible flying machines makes you proud. The Company is absolutely huge and allows you to meet so many people and network constantly. Boeing takes care of their employees and offers an unbelievable benefits package. I feel like mine is better than any of my friends because I work at Boeing. Boeing employees are offered myriad discounts by local and national businesses. The Company will pay for your bachelors and graduate degrees. They also offer 100 shares of stock when you receive your diploma.

Cons

There are definitely some drawbacks to working at Boeing. First of all, the Company is huge and in some respects operates more like the federal government than most other public corporations. A combination of working heavily with the military and the frequent labor disputes make this company very bureaucratic. The worst thing about working at Boeing is the fact that it's a public company that usually doesn't make major decisions with the employees in mind. I know so many people who were fired in the recent "reduction in force" and it makes you feel a bit uneasy in your position.

Advice to Management

That they need to connect better with their employees. There was such a huge disconnect in the Company when the world headquarters moved to Chicago. How can you make the big decisions if you're so far away? I would suggest that some of the Senior Management come out and meet with people at the different sites. It would be nice to put the faces to the names. I also think that you could put together a solid sustainable leadership training program that identifies talent from the first day. I know a lot of people who are way more competent than their position requires. I also know people that are very incompetent in leadership positions. You need a better performance evaluation program.