Boeing - What others dream, we do | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"What others dream, we do"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Where else in the world do you get to contribute to the design and engineering of some of the most complex pieces of machinery in existence. At Boeing you have the opportunity to work on everything from software to spaceships, from nuts and bolts to entire airplanes. It is the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

Typical large company bureaucracies. Cost cutting measures starting to show in benefits reductions for non-union employees (benefits still better than most of the world). Seemingly short sighted view of the world by senior executives.
High overtime was fine when we were compensated for it but starting Jan 2014 managers will no longer get paid for more than 40 hours a week but are expected to work it. (I average 50 to 60 hours a week)

Advice to Management

Fully fund programs up front and allow managers to staff to work statement and not arbitrarily cut 30% off budgets to meet arbitrary goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"Looked out for its employees"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had worked for Connexion by Boeing before the then-CEO shut down the division.
    - Challenging work
    - Lots of learning experiences
    - Knowledgeable coworkers
    - Fair compensation, excellent benefits (used to pay for any classes that employees want to take)

When the company chose to shut down Connexion by Boeing in 2006, they gave employees plenty of time (at least 6 months) to look for jobs internally. The local HR team also helped employees look for job externally by inviting local employers to participate in an on-campus job fair. The company treated the affected employees very well during this time...this was unheard of elsewhere.

Cons

- Less established processes given Connexion by Boeing was a very young division

2. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

broad range of work available

Cons

can get lost in the sea of bodies - i.e. large company

Advice to Management

people are Boeing's most important resource - treat them well and acknowledge those that perform and add value to the company.