Boeing - Never know which way the wind will blow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Never know which way the wind will blow"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product lines, both commercial and military.

Cons

Unethical, greedy, leadership more concerned over bonuses than reputation of company

Advice to Management

Only worried about short-term gains instead of the long-term consequences. Bring back the Boeing that was known for quality vs. quantity.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"Dragged into politics of team that drained my brain"

Former Employee - Business Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Business Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, but overall cons outweigh the pros. Lots of luring factors related to interns, but again cons were a lot more than pros.

Cons

Horrible experience. My manager only met with me 3 times the whole internship. First day, middle of internship (performance review) and last day of internship. Despite working extra hours for the team members who were never there, I was not given a decent review.

I know pay may be tempting, but try to find a decent company that would help you in your career in the long-run rather than chew on you and your abilities for the summers.

Advice to Management

Be appreciative of the work your interns do for you, especially, if they are even going above and beyond to help carry your lousy team forward. At least check on your interns weekly to be able to know where they stand before even considering yourself qualified to give a review.

2. "great business intern experience"

Former Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked in corporate finance under a program manager. My manager was great. He was really concerned with making sure I developed real world business skills, specifically program management. Pay and benefits were really good for an internship I think, at least compared to other internships I've done.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't have enough work to do because my boss was gone a lot but I suppose that was partly my fault that I didn't feel like I had enough to do. Maybe that is just a circumstance of being an intern. My manager had me trying to implement some changes in the way people reported risks for the other people working on the program but, maybe since a lot of people had been there a long time and were stuck in their ways, they were kind of resistance to change. Maybe they just didn't take me seriously because I was an intern.

Advice to Management

Follow my managers example. Don't think of interns as assistants that can get coffee for you but ask them what they want to get out of their internship and what they want to work on. That will motivate them to work a lot harder I think.