Boeing - Not prepared for interns | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Not prepared for interns"

Current Intern - Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Intern - Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There were many intern perks, such as tours and outings with company groups. As well,t he relocation check was pretty substantial (I was moving from Boston). Last, the turnover rte to a full time position is pretty high.

Cons

I was given very little work and my days were pretty empty. I had to work very hard to find myself a project for the summer. Most interns I talked to felt the same way. Also, Boeing treats interns as real employees, so they have to complete the same amount of online training and clearances. It could be weeks into your internship before you're finally able to do something.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"Boeing review as a non union employee"

Current Employee - Integrated Scheduling II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Integrated Scheduling II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance. Getting paid your hourly rate plus 6 dollars after you hit 40hrs per week. Lots of vacation. Never micro-managed.

Cons

Low Pay, a lot of bureaucracy, disconnect of the work performance by union vs. non-union employees. Promotions based more on time spent with the company rather than work performance.

Advice to Management

Get more engaged with the employees who are driving the work performance and promote accordingly. Take action on those who spend 1/2 of their day's socializing and being unproductive.

"It's all what you make it"

Current Employee - Materials Engineer in Ridley Park, PA
    Current Employee - Materials Engineer in Ridley Park, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are motivated and push for what you want, you'll get it. You can rise through ranks very quickly if you go above and beyond and prove your value.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter, you won't get ahead and you'll just lurk in the shadows for your entire career.

Advice to Management

An employee's experience can vary significantly from manager to manager. There should be a more uniform managerial approach in dealing with their employees. My experience with the company would be VASTLY different (and I probably wouldn't be with the company anymore) if i had a different manager.