Boeing - Interesting, but very slow to engage me | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Interesting, but very slow to engage me"

Former Intern - Student Engineer Intern in Seattle, WA
Former Intern - Student Engineer Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

If you are interested in many fields of engineering, then it is great to work at Boeing where your software developing skills can be geared towards hardware

Cons

Very outdated, non-progressive company. It's such a huge company that it is hard to move forward from bureaucratic needs, but it is not the best place to work if you are 20-30 and want innovation and creativity as the foundation of your career

Advice to Management

Encourage more innovation days or days where everyone gets together and hashes out new ideas

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

"Excellent company to work for in terms of its great product, benefits, and people"

Current Employee - Systems Engineering III in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineering III in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

amazing products and extremely flexible schedule. probably one of the best benefit package in the industry, insurance for whole family and funding for continuous education.

Cons

Almost 100 year old company difficult to implement changes. while there are a lot of great new hires, company is mostly filled with employees who have been with the company for a long period of time.

Advice to Management

"this is how we have always been doing it" doesn't automatically make it the right away.

2. "I have been here only 3 yrs. Its been a change compared to the "Outside" world"

Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Inspector in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sky is the limit, as long as the individual is willing; they can do just about anything here. Education is paid for. Benefits are still very competitive. Very diverse work culture.

Cons

Long time employees can appear to be spoiled. They have earned their place, but it can come off wrong to newer employees. Union is not always a good thing.

Advice to Management

The people that are here are the ones making the company successful, please dont forget that.