Boeing - Too many meetings...not enough work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Too many meetings...not enough work"

Former Contractor - Event Planner in Charleston, SC
Former Contractor - Event Planner in Charleston, SC

I worked at Boeing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great paycheck. The cafeteria is good. People are nice when they're not trying to stab you in the back.

Cons

Slooooooooooow Moooooooooving!

"Group Think Gone Wild" should be the title of this review.

No one can do anything without every single blessed person on the team signing off on it. It really slows things down and discourages innovation. Don't speak up or disagree or you'll be deemed a pariah. Everyone must agree or nothing gets done. So, usually, nothing gets done. Things that should be done in short order end up taking months or years or just fall by the wayside completely.

When you do manage to get something done (that you were actually assigned), don't talk about it or be proud of your accomplishments. Talking about your accomplishments is considered boasting and makes the rest of the team feel bad. So much for team spirit. Goodness knows you wouldn't want to hurt the delicate feelings of those who are scared to death to do anything by themselves. Also, when you hear someone say "Teamwork makes the dream work" interpret it as "YOU get to do THEIR work!" However, don't expect anyone to lift a finger to help you.

In addition, don't try to do anything on your own or utilize independent thought. It terrifies the managers who are trying to microscopically control everything because they don't really know anything. Just sit there, get dumber and collect a steady paycheck.

Also, don't show yourself to be too intelligent for Heaven's Sakes! I was once told from a lady across the hall from me that I was "Smarter than the average Boeing employee." Since I consider myself only of average intelligence, that should have been my first clue! LOL!

Advice to Management

No one listened when I was there. I'm done trying to help.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

1. "Industrial Engineer (Methods process analyst)"

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, pension, performance bonuses and raises every year, competitive pay, lots of time off (2 wks vaca, 2 wks sick and 2 wks of holidays ), overtime pay, lots of room for opportunity, growth, promotions, flexible hours when needed, ability to work from home rarely but it happens.

Cons

Early hours (as early as 4am, most people start at 6-6:30), fast paced stressful environment, political in nature.

2. "Easy to get stuck"

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, generally great co-workers. Lots of different work if you can get other jobs

Cons

Hard to move up in your current position, advancement is slow, need to find other jobs if you want to get promoted

Advice to Management

Show that you care about your employees' development/advancement through the company.