Boeing - Where creativity goes to die | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boeing

"Where creativity goes to die"

Current Employee - Engineer in Renton, WA
Current Employee - Engineer in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great employee benefits such as: community service hours cash matching, cash donation matching, 401K matching, insurance, and a relatively easy process for reimbursing continuing education in technical degrees. Engineering management is pretty generous with "flex time".

Cons

1) Parking is horrendous and management refuses to acknowledge the problem. They believe the solution is really only to add more parking stalls further away and parking shuttles.
2) Although it's a big company, it takes way too long to look into moving around into other jobs after 1 year.
3) You very much feel like you have no personal impact to company goals.
4) I get the impression that senior management sees individual employees as expendable, and undercutting the employees to preserve their profit margin for stakeholders. I don't get that from my immediate supervisors however.
5) Too much technical decisions are defaulted to management to make the decision. Many workers don't have a sense of pride or ownership of successes and failures.

Advice to Management

Lead by example: If we are having to pay more for healthcare and you are paying less toward our retirement, shouldn't the executives do so as well? It is probably not a good idea to announce stock increases as you are taking away benefits from your employees via a contract.

Other Employee Reviews for Boeing

1. "Sr. Java Developer"

Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Contractor - Senior Java Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Boeing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Worked extensively with the client gathering the requirement. This helped to understand the business process of the system.

Cons

Worked extensively on the each layer of the application that helped gain a good knowledge on the technologies used

"Just another body"

Pros

They Pay well and have good benefits

Cons

They are always trying to get rid of your benefits and will lay you off or keep you with out a second thought your not a person to them your just a number

Advice to Management

If you are rude and controlling nothing will get done be polite and respect people and they will work alot harder for you.