Bollinger Shipyards - You are only inhibited by your own lack of initiative, or drive! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bollinger Shipyards

"You are only inhibited by your own lack of initiative, or drive!"

Current Employee - Saw Operator in Lockport, LA
Current Employee - Saw Operator in Lockport, LA

Pros

Salary is based on your job performance not the likes or dislikes of management !
Everyone in management may not know you personally but, they know of your work place and your work ethic!

Cons

Some members of management have seemingly lost sight of where they come from!
Part accountability needs to be looked at!! Better to request a new part than to take the part from the next boats parts pallet

Other Employee Reviews for Bollinger Shipyards

1. "Bollinger shipyard is a very educational, and safe place to work."

Current Employee - Electrical Department in Lockport, LA
    Current Employee - Electrical Department in Lockport, LA

Pros

Bollinger shipyard is a good place to work ,because they are very professional and take pride in there work preformed . They also take pride in the safety of there workers, while on the job. They give you the opportunity to advance in the field you work in, by aknoledgeing and rewarding the employees for there preformance, by praise and the possibility of stepping up another level in your field and making more money. Bollinger also shows appreciation to there employees, by having the yearly picnic and including there familys.

Cons

The only issue I had at Bollinger was with a co-worker and the lack of respect, but it was not Bollinger itself, Ias soon as I spoke to someone it was approached and handled. That was very much appreciated.

Advice to Management

I am a very commited and dedicated worker, and am very much about production ,and hope that i get the chance to advance to leadership one day , because I truly believe production comes from the way the workers are treated and respected, and I would be proud to be part of making sure that production is achevied and goals are met to meet bollingers expectations for the customers, with the best Quality possible.

2. "Human Resource Associate"

Pros

The company have good benefits. They are very organized. If you have a problem with something they are very good with handling the situation asap.

Cons

If you are hired there through a contractor, they dont care about you. You are basically a slave to them. They have a huge problem with using profanity. Even though I am white, I can see they dont like black people at all. Very sad!!!