Bon Appétit Management - On-site catering with excellent commitment to local, organic, and healthy food options. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bon Appétit Management

"On-site catering with excellent commitment to local, organic, and healthy food options."

Former Employee - Food Service in Caldwell, ID
Former Employee - Food Service in Caldwell, ID

I worked at Bon Appétit Management part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All of my exposure to management gave me lots of experience learning to improve my food knowledge, and gave me the opportunity to help develop other staff members. The company is clearly committed to buying local products and supporting the community they serve. The quality of the food is outstanding. I worked in a variety of capacities for Bon Appetit, and while catering or serving or prepping food itself is not fabulous, the positions are paid well for the area, and it is stable work as long as you work hard! I could always work if I wanted to (as a part-time employee, I could pick up extra shifts, or help in another department).

Cons

Many supervisor changes in my years there. Long hours- but that comes with catering jobs! Food service is sometimes repetitive, but again- that's the job.

Other Employee Reviews for Bon Appétit Management

1. "Be prepared to have good days and bad days. Certain chefs can be a bit bipolar at times!"

Current Employee - Server, Porter in Berrien Springs, MI
    Current Employee - Server, Porter in Berrien Springs, MI

I have been working at Bon Appétit Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Stable hours. You don't have to worry about too much variability in your paycheck, which is good for budgeting.
    - Clean and safe environment.
    - Not too fast paced most of the time.

Cons

- Benefits at my location were horrible. The only "benefit" was 40% off of a single meal after working 12 hours. When you're not getting too many hours, that benefit leaves a lot to be desired! On top of barely earning above the minimum wage, the benefit is basically negligible.
    - Lack of "community" feeling. Upper management has no interest in knowing non full-time employees. I still don't understand how you can't call someone by their name when you have a nametag on!
    - Chefs at my location are either nice, or complete jerks (for no reason whatsoever!). You kind of have to learn who to stay away from.

Advice to Management

Be more friendly to the workers! Take five seconds out of your "busy" day spent in the executive office and ask workers how they're doing, if they had a good weekend, etc. Make the working experience a little more enjoyable!

"good experience not a lot of room to grow."

Current Employee - Barista in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Barista in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Bon Appétit Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good schedules work mondays to fridays and set hourly schedules. Shut downs on some main holidays.Some times in some cafes almost 2 weeks between christmas and new years some times the time off work great for vacation.

Cons

No good pay rates and when needed you have to move around your station to fill in for others. Vacation time is mostly use during the holidays shut downs and not when you really wan to you work all year to get vacation to use it during the shutdown in the holidays.