Bon-Ton Stores - Love working here! | Glassdoor

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edina, MN
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Edina, MN

Pros

I love the people i work with. Most of the managers constantly encourage and give praise for a job well done. The store itself has a comfortable. There is incentive to open credit cards and get customer reviews. Hours are so flexible! You can easily gain or cut back on hours whenever necessary

Cons

Some days can be slow and customers can be rude but its retail so thats normal for any clothing store job. Be prepared for customers to get upset that the edina store doesnt have many of the same brands as the other bonton stores; also there is no home goods department

Advice to Management

Some people get away with doing absolutely nothing helpful all day so if management could watch who isnt doing their job itd be helpful

Other Employee Reviews for Bon-Ton Stores

"If you want to work retail, work somewhere else..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethlehem, PA

Pros

There are some good people who practice teamwork, working here.

Cons

My experiences working at BonTon was horrible because leadership was and is horrible. The managers do not understand that everyone deserves respect, even more when we work hard and are flexible when work needs to get done. Managers show respect according to their mood and treat employees however they feel like. They stand for no leadership qualities for a company to be proud of. I can't believe we have to follow them...
    My best advice to you, work somewhere else for someone else.

Advice to Management

Respect your team. They are the people who make you look good and make you successful and that's why you still have your job. Recognize and treat EVERYONE with courtesy and RESPECT.

"Fine for a part-time job; extremely disappointing as a full-time career."

Current Employee - Accredited Clinique Consultant in West Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Accredited Clinique Consultant in West Des Moines, IA

Pros

Fellow Associates that know exactly what you are going through and are willing to help each other on the floor and in emotional support which management lacks the observation skills necessary to be competent individuals in addressing.

Cons

Hours are crazy, the management teams are crazy (we get a great manager and they are pushed out,) the customer first vision is good in theory and horrible in practice. The goals given to the gift events in cosmetics are asinine.

Advice to Management

Review your customer first vision. I agree that helping the customer to the best of your ability should be number one, but your way of implementation and "teaching" is kindergarten in method. Also, more cooperation is necessary between brand managers and store managers like Clinique and bon-ton.