Bonefish Grill - The Best is Not Good Enough | Glassdoor

"The Best is Not Good Enough"

Former Employee - Server In Training in Manchester, CT

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuinely ambitious staff, Management that tries to show each waiter every finite detail about the business so that they can be as worldly a person as possible; they use a very efficient system to deliver food to guests at the best possible flavor and taste.

Cons

This establishment expected that when I walked in the door on the first day that I memorized the entire menu, and not just the menu itself, but every single detail about the restaurant, what sauces go on each dish, what the seasonings are, how they taste, what goes with what, etc. And they test you on it. I spent hours and hours outside of time of the clock that I didnt get paid for, memorizing this menu. At the... same time they're training you to learn the ins and outs of the restaurant at break neck pace. If you have any questions, then you're slow or too dumb to be a member of their staff. I had to skip a shift where they were letting us taste the food for free because I was studying for the menu test instead. They said that I didn't show the commitment they wanted and that I didnt take the job seriously, I can't think of another waitering job where I made flash cards and put in hours upon hours to study; just to be told "you aren't serious" --> Which they tell you in front of everyone so that you are embarassed and the rest of the wait staff will work that much harder. I'd advice anyone who dines to stay away from this place, it only encourages this restaurant to put more pressure on their servers. Oh, and by the way, this same management staff told me they were looking to hire 60 people, but even though they interviewed 150, only 30 were good enough to give a chance. So they judged 120 who really wanted the job and couldn't sell themselves well enough --> the company would rather have an empty spot and put more pressure on their servers, than give someone a chance. This place is the exact opposite of the American Dream, work hard and you'll be respected. Here, it's work heard and you'll be embarrassed or told you're working just hard enough to make the cut. bon apetit.

Bonefish Grill2013-03-22
  1. "Typical restaurant job"

Former Employee - Front of House Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very helpful with needed time off

Cons

Favoritism was rampit, long hours sometimes.

Bonefish Grill2019-08-19
  2. "Fun and Very Laid back"

Former Employee - Host in Madison, WI

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Very easy -Meet great people -good money

Cons

-Shared tips - Bar management -Long hour shifts

Bonefish Grill2019-09-16

Discover more reviews about Bonefish Grill.