Bonnier Publishing - Best place I've ever worked | Glassdoor
  1. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Head of Contracts & Royalties in Chelsea, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From the moment I started working for Bonnier Publishing I've been given full flexibility on how to run my area, trust from management and encouragement to progress and develop. They hire people rather than roles so my role has largely been built around me so that I feel unique in the group and it caters to my skills and interests. At Bonnier Publishing you feel like you're appreciated and there are so many social... evens, interest group get-togethers and perks like summer hours, summer party, company conferences etc etc etc that I can't imagine anywhere else I would rather work.

Cons

It's growing so fast that there is sometimes a lack of office space until we take over yet another floor. Also, Bonnier Publishing are so far ahead of the competition in every aspect that sometimes it gets dull and you want a bit more of a challenge (oh well) ;-)

Advice to Management

The day I advise management is the day I peak...

Bonnier Publishing2017-05-24

Other Employee Reviews

"Creativity and Curiousity Rewarded"

Current Employee - Associate Publisher in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

(from the perspective of an editor/writer) Working on books you can be proud of. Even the most junior employees are encouraged to present ideas for new books, brand partners, and systems improvement. Getting to take an idea all the way through from proposal to contracts to edit and design to print production. Awesome cross-training compared to companies where job functions are more rigid. If you come up... with a way to do something better or differently, you'll have the support to try it out (within reason) Nice folks, all the way up to top management. I've seen the CEO and CFO personally drop everything to help fix a problem rather than delegating or ignoring it. While the pace can be very fast and the deadlines tight, you're part of a talented, supportive team. Even top executives will roll up their sleeves and hep your achieve your goal. Getting to work on really cool, interesting books.

Cons

New corporate structure means we're revising admin systems and workflow and rolling out new processes. It's all the the greater good, but can feel a little confusing at times. Deadlines are often very tight and budgets can be challenging to folks who've made a lateral move from advertising or tech.

Advice to Management

Document systems, create an ops manual, keep working (as we have been) towards planning to avoid deadline crunches.

Bonnier Publishing2017-07-02
  2. "Great if you're adaptable and want more than a 9-5 job"

Current Employee - International Project Manager in Sywell, England

I have been working at Bonnier Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great collaboration across the business between various departments and imprints. Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, where you are challenged to think on your feet; no two days are the same. The company has a great community and social focus, where there are plenty of events to get involved with outside of standard working hours.

Cons

The business is rapidly growing, so process changes, new responsibilities and new team-members are the norm, rather than the exception. People who value stability and status quo will probably struggle with this.

Advice to Management

Thorough training, introductions and ongoing support for all new starters to help them integrate into Bonnier Publishing processes and values

Bonnier Publishing2017-07-05

Discover more reviews about Bonnier Publishing.