Bonobos - The vision is the glue that keeps us afloat. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Bonobos

"The vision is the glue that keeps us afloat."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bonobos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fun & funny, environment to work in.
- Creativity is supported
- Transparency is celebrated.
- Good amount of recognition for jobs well done.
- Lots of opportunities for growth.
- Anything but boring.
- Our product rocks.

Cons

Cons:
- Culture can be "cult-ish" and often feels fratty. (This can be fun for some)
- Office is dirty, loud, over-crowded. Never enough meeting rooms.
- Crazy amount of turnover.
- Morale is poor, but everyone believes in the ultimate vision which keeps people there.
- Upper management makes questionable decisions.
- Most employees feel stressed and stretched too thin.

Advice to Management

Product and our vision is sound. Spend more time improving, supporting and listening to employees and it will = success.

Other Employee Reviews for Bonobos

"People before Profit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bonobos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonobos is a company that truly cares about its people. Operates more like a team then an office and everyone really cares and supports one another. This is the first time I have worked at a company where everyone is really working together to achieve a common goal, while having a blast. They offer great little perks like monthly bar nights, birthday celebrations, book club, cell phone coverage to name a few, oh and how could I forget...no vacation policy! People work really hard here, but they also know how to have a good time.

Cons

If you don't like a fast-paced work environment then this place isn't for you. As in any start-up there is a lot of trial and error but as long as you can roll with the punches you will get on just fine.

"Hectic but rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bonobos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ combines a lot of typical start-up excitement with the management capabilities of a "corporate" company (without feeling stuffy)
    + selling an actual physical product is great. Reduces a lot of stress around revenue stream, like other start-ups.
    + customers are absolutely enthusiastic about the brand
    + small teams mean frequent feedback loops and good interaction with coworkers
    + company is growing and will continue to do so
    + leadership team is very accessible
    + the company recognizes its mistakes and corrects them (great example is moving the tech team from Palo Alto to New York when it was apparent having just one unit of the company in a separate office was creating silos)
    + having a Guideshop in the office is great to both see the products and the excitement of our customers
    + extremely transparent culture - you know when we beat our estimates or miss our goals
    + and of course, the employee discount is pretty awesome

Cons

- physical office space is getting cramped and doesn't have a "wow" factor like some offices do. being split between two floors isn't ideal for a lot of reasons, including a lack of interaction with basically half the company
    - For some reason, the company doesn't seem as "sexy" as other similar companies (Warby, Fab, Birchbox). Not sure how to recapture that buzz. But having it would go a long way to attracting more talent.
    - i've admittedly been spoiled in the past, but office perks are lacking (no meals, free soda...)
    - things change FAST (I don't mind it...others might)

Advice to Management

- new office space is probably the biggest wish among employees
    - maintain the open culture as the company continues to scale