Booking.com - Got to meet great co workers but regional and office management bad. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booking.com

"Got to meet great co workers but regional and office management bad."

Former Employee - Acquisition Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Acquisition Account Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

M__F 9to5
Great co workers
Parking garage
Looks good on resume
Good job till something better comes along
Get one months pay when let go:)

Cons

Management. If hired hope you get RIGHT senior
Communication is bad
Cold calling to people who don't even know what Booking.com is
Green people in las Vegas and San fran locations
Unrealistic qt goals with week 1k bonus
Most employees that are higher up only hire friends
Unprofessional senior management in las Vegas office
Have to wait one year to become promoted which is nearly impossible because you would have to move out of country or 3k plus miles
Dutch Company
West coast management

Advice to Management

I have nothing against the company but I want people to know I was let go because they said "I wasn't a good fit for company" but really there was one member of senior management that didn't like me. Best advice is take job but don't trust employees and management around you. Only do your work and go home. But update on me I now work for zappos. Karma is a &$#@$. Once priceline finds out that they don't need Booking.com there done in usa.

Other Employee Reviews for Booking.com

"Company is on a path to failure, don't waste your time working here"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is absolutely no Pros working for this company. The only pros working for this company is to get experience and go work for another OTA (Online Travel Agent). I did make some good friends and those

Cons

Where to begin....

Absolutely horrible compensitation
    Nothing but micro managers in charge
    No loyalty
    Unrealistic Goals
    Horrible customer service
    Poor bonus structure (1-2k per quarter)
    you will get an email every quarter letting you know the company broke another profit record and you will be rewarded with nothing or 60% of your bonus (which equates to less then 1k after taxes)
    I made the company over 10 Million in commission last year, and got my full bonus once
    Management will betray your trust in a heart beat
    If you have an opinion or like to speak your mind then you will definitely get written up and try to muscle you out of the company

I can go on and on but my only advice to you if you are looking to work here is that you shouldnt. I have worked at previous corporations but let me tell you that this one in perticular has a very toxic environment. Management has no idea what they are doing and are constantly micro managing. This job is meant for very simple minded people who are not looking for growth. Do not trust management as they will betray you the second they get a chance. Obviously you can see this by all the other negative reviews written about the company. If you do end up working here then I would suggest you learn the indusrty as best you can and leave to another company that actually pays well and takes care of their employees just as I did. They continously promote the wrong people and it causes a ripple affect as none of these people have ever managed anyone.

Advice to Management

Your company is on a path to failure, both clients and employees recognize this and although you think you control the market now, your lack of respect will result in your decline, I assure you! Learn to have respect for people and stop micro managing everyone. you set unrealistic goals and I assure you more and more people will be leaving your company.

"Sycophantic, inept, and unqualified management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It provides a regular paycheck.
    The people in certain departments (i.e. IT and a few other Analysts) actually know what they're doing.
    The company is making money hand over fist.
    Relatively easy to build up your resume.

Cons

Many of the people who get promoted aren't the most qualified, but they've done the most sucking up. One is example is of a candidate with neither managerial nor analytic experience was 'placed' in a position requiring both of those skill sets over another, fully qualified, candidate. And unfortunately this sort of thing isn't the exception, but the norm. This leads to abysmal moral and utter lack of loyalty towards the company.

Advice to Management

Give your managers skills tests to determine if they're actually qualified for their position. Don't promote people that are wildly unqualified because you're friends. Make decisions based on data, not guesses and feelings.