Booking.com - It really depends on who you work for and what you bring to the team... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booking.com

"It really depends on who you work for and what you bring to the team..."

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going work atmosphere, CEO is approachable, work is easy enough (we're not splitting the atom here..), lots of travel and training opportunities, I personally love my office, boss and colleagues ('cept one or two..) :)

Cons

Pay is below what other OTAs would give, some people that reallllly shouldn't be promoted are promoted (it's all about politics!), limited experience amongst personnel

Advice to Management

it seems like everyone leaving negative reviews on here has skeletons in their closet and i know this due to the employees in this company being big on putting everybody's dirty laundry out for all to see and smell! i don't care much for the grapevine, and i really agree with some of the negative points as far as low pay and unskilled promotions, but what company doesn't have this? i've been in hospitality for 8 years and most of my managers were complete nitwits. this is a multi billion dollar company with plenty of head space. do your work, get along with your colleagues, play the 'politics' of the position a bit and you'll move up and be fine. jeez. stop whining.

Other Employee Reviews for Booking.com

1. "Overall pretty good"

Former Employee - Freelance Translator
    Former Employee - Freelance Translator

I worked at Booking.com part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, friendly staff, lots of work (in periods)

Cons

Workloads comes in periods, sometimes theres lots, sometimes theres none. periods have lasted several months in my sake.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"Europeans want to take over US offices!"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company at first when it started in the US. The firm believed in customer services and establishing a relationship with clients. However, things changed fast. Booking.com offers good opportunities to self-starters that want to grow in the hospitality industry and make good connections. I made lifelong friends at this job.

Cons

Low salary and poor bonus for Account Managers plus the company brought in many European managers who belived in micro management. They wanted to change the office culture. Here is a wake up call - business is done differently in the US. Please allow your team to succeed on their own. As I mentioned above another issue is their customer service. It went down the drain. Top Management is not experienced or professional.

Advice to Management

Hire US Managers with experience. Stop trying to change the US offices and do things the Dutch way.