Booking.com - Customer Service Guest Specialist | Glassdoor

"Customer Service Guest Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Service Guest Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-PTO is very good about 144 hours a year -Medical Insurance is good- Aetna offers three programs- the third one is free, you just contribute money to you HSA account, they also contribute $500 a year for single $1000 a year for family -Paid Holidays- You get time and a half plus 8 hours of PTO or you get double time pay. You also get paid 8 hours if you don't work -Pay is somewhat reasonable- not a living wage in Orlando

Cons

What began as one of the best jobs I've ever has turned into a complete nightmare. The company initially reaped of benefits and managerial staff had empathy for it's employees, we had end of the month catering- noted as Fab Fridays, for the holiday's they would provide food, we had an annual, all expenses paid trip to Amsterdam to learn about the culture, and meet global colleagues. Flash Forward 3 years later, our Fab Fridays are non existent, for holidays they request that we, the employees contribute the food now, they've eliminated the Amsterdam trip and have created a local "Roadshow". The employee experience has gone from 5 star drastically down to a 1 star rating. Something that has shocked a lot of employees because the company is growing exponentially and making tons of money, yet the employees benefits have been slowly taken away. Another negative of this company is that as it is currently growing, trying to become a monster hospitality website, it lacks in consistency with its guidelines, procedures and even its security guidelines . As a Customer Service Guest Specialist, rules, procedures, and important security guidelines change constantly with just an email telling us to review the material and compelling us to learn it ourselves- sometimes our team leaders just tell us about the change but they themselves aren't given enough time to even study the guidelines and therefore provide effective counsel on such changes. The quality team than reprimands you, which in return results in threats by your team lead with Performance Improvement Plans because you didn't adhere to such guidelines. Before there would be training sessions for such drastic changes and they would be discussed in workshops- these workshops are also non-existent. The structure for reprimanding employees is inconsistent as higher management doesn't have a proper checks and balances system to ensure that their team leads are treating employees fairly. An example: Someone that i knew was late every single day for two months and only got a write up, he was favored by his team lead, yet an agent the other day had 3 late occurrences and got the same level write up. The policies are biased and unfair. The environment at this office has always been encompassed with favoritism, what you read in other posts in regards to favoritism is all true. Team leader's have favorites on their team and therefore sometimes sanction some differently than they do others and keep in mind that this can also affect you from growing in this company- again no consistency. The Human resources department is also a joke. They protect the team leads instead of actually listening and INVESTIGATING the concerns brought to their attention by subordinates. There is nothing kept anonymous as Team Leads and HR representatives have close bonds. The code of conduct states that Retaliation is forbidden, but the same employees who reach out to HR in confidence that their concerns will be heard, addressed and rectified eventually end up at the bottom of the food chain and well, let go or fired for "other reasons". Strict scrutiny, i have come to notice, is placed on these employees. Human Resources does nothing about it! For solutions we have to perhaps reach out to Amsterdam to get a positive result but I personally am not certain how effective they do their jobs.

Advice to Management

Upper management need to stop favoring individuals and be impartial- The same advice is suggested to Team leaders. Start being fair to everyone and perhaps by eliminating the formation of 'Cliques" you can turn a hostile work environment to a more positive environment. Amsterdam should honestly put close observation on the way this property is handling employee concerns and issues!

Booking.com2018-12-25
  1. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits Face pace work environment Involved in the community PTO is generous Fun work environment

Cons

Honestly no real big cons for the company. Overall great company to work for.

Booking.com2019-12-30

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

First off the atmosphere and diversity is amazing. It’s an awesome company to work for. The pay is good and quarterly bonuses are a perk. They offer free food a lot and the canteen offers healthy food choices that B.com pays 50% of the price for. They offer Monster energy drinks in the canteen and free Starbucks coffee. The PTO is also very good.

Cons

None that I can think off.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work. Management really cares about the employees and are always there for support and always there to help you get to the next level if you want.

Booking.com2019-04-22

Discover more reviews about Booking.com.