Boom Lab - An honest, ethical company with amazing culture | Glassdoor

Featured Review

"An honest, ethical company with amazing culture"

Current Employee - Project Management Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Project Management Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The culture. I have made some of the best connections/colleagues/friends through my position at Boom Lab. Beginning with the training program in the most recent "start class," I have been able to cultivate connections and foster relationships that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to without Boom Lab.
- The client atmosphere. I love my assignment--the back office team did an incredible job matching my skillset with client needs.
- The training. I was ready to hit the ground running at the client site after 2 weeks of intense training post-graduation.
- The support system. I know that if I have any issues with the client/my assignment, I can reach out to my consultant manager and she will be able to support me in whatever ways needed to achieve a positive end result.

Cons

- The starting salary is a bit below industry average (although the raise structure is quite generious compared to industry average).

Advice to Management

Work on recruiting talent by increasing the starting salary.

Other Employee Reviews for Boom Lab

"Great for Career Development"

Current Employee - Business Analysis Associate II in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analysis Associate II in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Consultant Manager is assigned to you to help ensure your work experience is relevant to the career development course you're interested in, which is great. Especially for entry level roles. Also, they work at a variety of large companies which present an opportunity for job placement should a client company be a better/preferred fit than Boom.

Cons

It's more IT-oriented than I anticipated. It's common for people to get into a mundane role and be assigned something from the client company such as data mining, drafting SOPs, etc. Also, it can be a challenge to work closely with certain client employees.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing, expand further into specialized roles. ESPECIALLY beyond entry level, that's becoming the niche and it should be considered to expand beyond that.

Boom Lab Response

Nov 15, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We agree - our team of Consultant Managers is a great differentiator for us. Boom Lab is specifically designed to train and develop early-career consultants, and... More

"Good company to help you transition into business"

Pros

Very supportive back office team. Great exposure to the founders, very friendly engaging atmosphere at the back office. Solid training. If you're interested in transitioning to business but have limited education, training or experience, Boom Lab is perfect.

Cons

The work was far from challenging. The clients didn't expect much out of me and neither did my Boom Lab manager. Some other employees had similar or worse experiences. I was told it would get better over time with new assignments but I didn't stay very long.

Advice to Management

If you intend to hire competitive talent, give challenging work and competitive salary. It will pay off in the long run.

Boom Lab Response

Jun 22, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Consulting in a unique industry: the ambiguity with client environments can make it difficult to see the value in your work or career--particularly on your first... More