Boom Lab - An honest, ethical company with amazing culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boom Lab

"An honest, ethical company with amazing culture"

Current Employee - Project Management Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Project Management Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The culture. I have made some of the best connections/colleagues/friends through my position at Boom Lab. Beginning with the training program in the most recent "start class," I have been able to cultivate connections and foster relationships that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to without Boom Lab.
- The client atmosphere. I love my assignment--the back office team did an incredible job matching my skillset with client needs.
- The training. I was ready to hit the ground running at the client site after 2 weeks of intense training post-graduation.
- The support system. I know that if I have any issues with the client/my assignment, I can reach out to my consultant manager and she will be able to support me in whatever ways needed to achieve a positive end result.

Cons

- The starting salary is a bit below industry average (although the raise structure is quite generious compared to industry average).

Advice to Management

Work on recruiting talent by increasing the starting salary.

Other Employee Reviews for Boom Lab

"Great for Career Development"

Current Employee - Business Analysis Associate II in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analysis Associate II in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at Boom Lab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A Consultant Manager is assigned to you to help ensure your work experience is relevant to the career development course you're interested in, which is great. Especially for entry level roles. Also, they work at a variety of large companies which present an opportunity for job placement should a client company be a better/preferred fit than Boom.

Cons

It's more IT-oriented than I anticipated. It's common for people to get into a mundane role and be assigned something from the client company such as data mining, drafting SOPs, etc. Also, it can be a challenge to work closely with certain client employees.

Advice to Management

Continue what you're doing, expand further into specialized roles. ESPECIALLY beyond entry level, that's becoming the niche and it should be considered to expand beyond that.

Boom Lab Response

Nov 15, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We agree - our team of Consultant Managers is a great differentiator for us. Boom Lab is specifically designed to train and develop early-career consultants, and... More

"Senior Project Coordinator"

Former Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Edina, MN

I worked at Boom Lab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome entry level position to get that 2-4 years of experience everyone seems to need to get into the industry. Awesome staff that want to see you succeed and off to the next step in your career.

Cons

Work can be dauntingly boring and mundane. But if you can hone your administrative and project management skills it can be super beneficial.

Advice to Management

keep it up and please expand into international contracts!

Boom Lab Response

Jun 22, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your kind words! We really appreciate your standpoint on finding value in all situations. We know not every assignment will be a consultant’s favorite, but often times it’s those... More