Boom Marketing (San Diego) - Work with opportunity for growth and recognition | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Boom Marketing (San Diego)

"Work with opportunity for growth and recognition"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours and growth. No cap on performance incentives so I my paychecks have improved every week. Great team environment and training offered.

Cons

Plenty of hours and a learning curve.

Advice to Management

give me more, I can handle it! Advice to other posters: not everything is for everyone. Don't post negative stuff on here if you got fired for not being able to follow simple protocol. I've never seen anyone let go for any less since I've been here. Learn from it and move on. Advice to future team members: remember ANYONE can post ANYTHING online.

Other Employee Reviews for Boom Marketing (San Diego)

"DO NOT FALL INTO THIS SCHEME"

Current Employee - Sales Person in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Person in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Boom Marketing (San Diego) part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

learned some sales techniques but not much else.

Cons

almost everything, they undermine education and say that there program is equivalent. very low respect of employees, will make you travel long distances and don't pay or gas, say here will be "commission" if we hit a target but never do and horrible schedule have no idea when you will be working

Advice to Management

don't sell a fake scheme be rel and show the real pros and cons

"Waste of your life and time."

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Boom Marketing (San Diego) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool people, everyone is young.
    Cool team environment.
    Makes you feel like you're doing something important.

Cons

8$ an hour VS Comission. Not $8 an hour plus commission. This means $8 an hour, don't let them convince you otherwise.
    There is no set schedule. They make it up when you get there at the 7:30 AM meeting everyday. There could be a 4 hour gap between the morning meeting and when you're scheduled to work and you will not know until you get there. This eliminates any possibility that you can work a second job. The only guarantee is that you will not work on Monday or Tuesday.
    They say they're going to teach you state of the art sales and marketing techniques but really what they teach you is to lie to the customer. Oh, and that 90% of people you will talk to will not want to buy what you are selling so the biggest part of the job is not getting discouraged that you are making $8 an hour.
    They bait you with the Assistant Manager title, claiming that you can make $40,000 to $50,000 a month after 6 months, but the only people working there have been there more than that and have not reached that position. In fact, nobody there had. They're all still making $8 an hour.
    They make you memorize pointless "systems" word for word that are meaningless and contradictory.

The list goes on.

I wish I had listened to the bad reviews on here and not the good ones before I devoted my time to this place.

Advice to Management

Change the commission system, and be up front with people about how much they're going to making. Also, make a schedule in advance so that people will know what they're working beforehand like a normal business. Also, stop giving people false hope because you're ruining lives.