Booz Allen Hamilton - Good for starting a career, not so much for experienced, cleared professionals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Good for starting a career, not so much for experienced, cleared professionals"

Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training.
Great working from home policy.
Nice, professional folks

Cons

Equity owned.
Talk of work life balence ? there is none esp. if your working proposals, some managers expect replys to emails at 11pm.
Clumsy security staff when working with agencies.
More employees than there are uncleared positions - has become, "everyone for themselves" when finding billable hours.
For you cleared professionals out there be very careful accepting offers with contigencies from this company, they have been giving start dates without customer acceptance and security paperwork already in place..all this = stress and RIF

Advice to Management

By back the Gov. business or hope someone else buys it soon so you can get back to caring about your customers and employees

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Happy to have left BAH"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The 401K and free coffee!

Cons

Company changed and for the worst once it public. Hoteling was implemented. Pink slips were given to often. Camaraderie went out the door. I enjoyed BAH for several years, but decided to leave with the new "IMPLEMENTED" culture.

"Beware of contract overruns and lack of reimbursements for incurred travel, unethical practices.""

Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I spent 5+ years with Booz. Pay and benefits were not an issue, but I hustled and traveled an inordinate amount of time, which cost me a significant amount of personal challenges and finances. Working for Booz you can get the Waterman and the t-shirt, at least resume fodder.

Cons

Booz did not look out for career and was solely based on maintaining utilization. I traveled extensively and worked high-profile presidential visible IT programs. During that time I traveled extensively, contract cost was overrun, and I left the firm with $12K they owed me or rather my corporate card for reimbursement. They also don't want you to report more hours than you work but run an average of expecting at least 41-42 hours a week for client work, unethical.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, look beyond the bottom line and operate with integrity.