Booz Allen Hamilton - Amazing working environment | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing working environment"

Former Employee - Associate in Munich, Bavaria

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

amazing work life balance; professional and challenging environment; efficient organization; best place to grow professionally

Cons

Not sure how changed after Carlyle bailed it out.

Advice to Management

Don't rely only on the level of seniority to figure out what to expect from people

Booz Allen Hamilton2012-08-03
  1. "Stability, camaraderie, fair pay"

Current Employee - Associate in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Really enjoy the people and the culture of looking out for each other. Pay is great for the area and we are supported in personal and professional development endeavors.

Cons

Project teams can often get overstaffed, resulting in lack of meaningful work. Promotions and awards are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Senior management is out of touch with their employees. It’s rare to see them.

Booz Allen Hamilton2020-01-18

"Great people, terrible business"

Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton for less than a year

Pros

The people are great. Everyone -- even the difficult types -- are eager to work and excel. There are some senior officers with questionable morality, but most people here are great people to work with.

Cons

1. Federal clients. Don't forget that you'll move at their pace, not yours. 2. The nature of the job means that sooner or later you'll be strategizing ways to get more money from the client (i.e. federal government), regardless of whether or not you'll actually add value. BAH runs on government money, a large chunk from DoD, and thus is part of the bigger problem we have in this country with fiscal responsibility. 3. Living off the American taxpayer. Much of the money that flies around in DC is at the expense of everyone else everywhere else in the US, BAH is a major player in this system, particularly the defense technology sector. 4. You'll never get paid what you're worth. The three lowest ranks (Consultant, Sr. Consultant, Associate) seldom make what they're worth, while senior management (looking at you, officers) make insane amounts of money.

Advice to Management

I'm leaving this job for two reasons, despite being hand-picked and groomed for greater responsibility by senior management. 1. You weren't paying me enough to do the job; especially when you factor in the amount of stress this job puts on a human being, the amount of time I sacrificed with my family, the amount of guilt this job inspired in me as an American. 2. The job is not meaningful to anyone who doesn't lust for profits. At some point each of us gets a look at how the sausage is made, and then it becomes clear that the government is basically asking (literally sending out solicitations and announcements) to be ripped off. They don't need what we're selling, but they buy it anyways because Congress tells them to. This buys Congress fancy retirement plans at the same businesses that profit. But everyone else loses, and Booz Allen isn't doing enough to be a part of our nation's long-term fiscal stability.

Booz Allen Hamilton2016-09-15

Discover more reviews about Booz Allen Hamilton.