Booz Allen Hamilton - All depends on your team/contract you support | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"All depends on your team/contract you support"

Current Employee - Acquisition Analyst in Lexington Park, MD
Current Employee - Acquisition Analyst in Lexington Park, MD

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great job security, interesting work, fun people to work with, events (gala, movies), great benefits.

Cons

due to the recession there has been a cut on raises (~1-2% for consultants who put in 50 hrs a week) and promotions. obviously this is something that can not be escaped. overall, bah has been doing its best to keep its employers happy. not a lot of room for growth but that all depends on the contract you support. you could be doing the same work as your boss and your boss's boss but without the management portion.

Advice to Management

better transparency and less meetings. corporations have an obsession with meetings. typical week consists of weekly status meetings with clients (however many you support), team meetings, sub-team meetings, and leadership meetings.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. "A very good place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I would say the culture at Booz Allen is very professional. I've never worked on more diverse teams. There's excellent work-life balance and my management really cared about their staff. When I was there the benefits were very good. I would recommend anyone considering working for a large management consulting/IT integrator to look at Booz Allen.

Cons

Your largest customer is the US Government which may not be everyone's cup of tea. The engagements can seem bureaucratic.

Advice to Management

The formula of taking care of employees to get the best out of everyone is a winning formula.

"My experience was tainted by a difficult and unsupportive manager."

Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Associate Project Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good mentoring programs, especially for employees just out of college. Plenty of subject matter experts to consult and use on various government contracts.

Cons

Booz's assessment process is a nightmare. They force employees to spend ridiculous amounts of time evaluating their performance over that previous year. It is unproductive and encourages people to try to game the system rather than improve on performance and set reasonable goals. I preferred the environment at the two telecom corporations I worked for. The consulting firm pressure of finding new work is exhausting and not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Screen your managers better. Booz was my first experience in my 20-year professional career that I was miserable on a daily basis. Loved the client; detested a manager who had little mentoring skills and little concern for his team.