Booz Allen Hamilton - Mentored Career Management | Glassdoor

"Mentored Career Management"

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the fact that I have a job manager for every contract that I work on and a career manager who doesn't change. My career manager is the one who does my appraisals and mentors me throughout my career at Booz Allen. This is something I've never had at any company.

Cons

Short term contract work sucks, but that's the nature of this business. I don't like that you get issued a "lack of work" letter after you roll off a job with nothing to do after only 2 weeks. The benefits are nothing great now that the company is publicly traded. They constantlt watch the bottom line and it's not as much fun to work here anymore.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the stockholders and treat your staff better. They are the bread & butter of your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Not what i was looking forward for"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- BAH is a good company to have in your resume (or at least it was). BAH used to be on of the top 5 strategic management consulting firms so many people associate BAH with the past.
    - The company used to have good benefits, but once it went public the company started cutting benefits left and right. Work life balance is good.

Cons

- Office environment: good old boy network. If you and you boss get a long you will get promoted quickly. Promotions do not take into account experience or performance.
    - Management is poor. As mentioned, people promoted are not the most adequate or capable, thus management does not know what they are doing. Management that come from without the company are mostly hired by their size of the roller deck.
    - BAH primary source of revenue if the federal government. Projects are not challenging, and most of the time involve minimal creativity and problem solving skills.
    - As of 2013, company's revenue has decrease significantly. Layoffs are projected and comany is projected to cut benefits.

Advice to Management

The organization is top heavy. The company should trim the fat on top. Also, company should focus on keeping high performance employees and not keep and promote friends.

"Not the same"

Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Relatively flat leadership structure, or at least I felt I interacted with higher level leaders a fair amount; started with cuts to executive management first during recent government spending cuts

Cons

Different company since going public and with recent government budget issues. No longer feel like they take care of employees as much as they used to, although they probably do so better than the competition, even now.