Booz Allen Hamilton - Mentored Career Management | Glassdoor

"Mentored Career Management"

Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like the fact that I have a job manager for every contract that I work on and a career manager who doesn't change. My career manager is the one who does my appraisals and mentors me throughout my career at Booz Allen. This is something I've never had at any company.

Cons

Short term contract work sucks, but that's the nature of this business. I don't like that you get issued a "lack of work" letter after you roll off a job with nothing to do after only 2 weeks. The benefits are nothing great now that the company is publicly traded. They constantlt watch the bottom line and it's not as much fun to work here anymore.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the stockholders and treat your staff better. They are the bread & butter of your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Not the same"

Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Relatively flat leadership structure, or at least I felt I interacted with higher level leaders a fair amount; started with cuts to executive management first during recent government spending cuts

Cons

Different company since going public and with recent government budget issues. No longer feel like they take care of employees as much as they used to, although they probably do so better than the competition, even now.

"Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant In S&O in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant In S&O in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work is interesting
    - Minor availability of thought-provoking projects

Cons

- Quality of staff has been declining with focus shifting to bringing in cheap labor while cutting experienced staff ranking from Associate to Partner
    - Quality of work has declined due to lack of loyalty from firm to its staff and clients catching on and cutting funding
    - No work available due to govt. budget cuts and funding cuts from clients, all while losing out on several projects to competitors

Advice to Management

Going public has severely tarnished the brand and resulted in loss of funding on several projects. The work has been impacted due to several cost cutting measures which have resulted in reduction of highly eligible staff who have all jumped ship to competitive firms.