Booz Allen Hamilton - I have been working there for approximately 8 months as a consultant | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"I have been working there for approximately 8 months as a consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've found the atmosphere to be very positive and motivating. I have been given a large degree of autonomy regarding my job responsibilities. My colleagues are educated, enjoyable to converse with, and are a good source of information on both technical knowledge and company policies.

Cons

Most of my negative impressions do not come from Booz Allen itself. They largely stem from the government client for which I work at the moment. There's quite a bit of miscommunication which I found to be troublesome.

Advice to Management

As of right now, I have no further advice I can really give. Being a relatively new employee, however, I can say that my impressions so far are very favorable.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Dangerous Times for Booz Allen"

Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great brand recognition in the DC area. Fantastic firm for those willing to work extremely hard to grow and build their own business.

Cons

Senior management is still learning to operate a traded company. The ever-declining stock price in combination with the current federal budget has led to a series of profit-focused decisions that are decreasing benefits for revenue generating staff and increasing attrition. Middle management has also suffered and is now more concerned with their own job preservation than developming consultants through lead associates.

Advice to Management

Your "shareholder friendly" management over the last 2 years has decreased morale and the stock price. It's time to refocus on recruiting and retaining the best to deliver the best professional services.

"Short experience showed me a lot..."

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently turned in my letter of resignation to the firm. Telework is a dream and there are amny opportunities for work-life balance; the salary was pretty good for someone at my level; informal training opportunities abound

Cons

Strong leadership is lacking- I found that the most incompetent people are being promoted to positions of authority but they lack the skills to lead a technical effort. The team/project I was on was poorly managed because of personality and technical skills mismatching. I feel this is definitely a "butts-in-seats" firm. I felt m importance was tied to a billability percentage.

I worked with and later under someone who was the definition of incompetent, BUT because he knew the right senior associate he was given opportunities that people with skills should have been given. It was sickening. However, people are leaving for a reason.

Advice to Management

Be careful, the employees leaving for good reasons will more than likely become your clients. My first day at the firm (after orientation), I knew it was a culture mismatch. I feel that, although Booz gives lip-service to innovation, they really do not do it. I feel other firms Deloitte, IBM, etc. provide more stable innovation.