Booz Allen Hamilton - Great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Associate in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Associate in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Great leadership and competent co-workers. Booz Allen's reputation in the industry...well-respected and well thought of by other companies (my personal experience)

Cons

Depending on the project you are working, it can be very easy to become disconnected from the company...especially when working on site with clients. You need to make a concerted effort to continue your professional development because in some cases, that aspect of your career may fall through the cracks.

Advice to Management

I think that the leadership at Booz Allen is doing a great job. Given the current economic and labor conditions at this time, it might be a good idea to provide quarterly updates to the firm internally on how we are performing to help reassure our personnel that things are going well

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"A place for teamwork, not "me"work"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

Pros

Great professional atmosphere, senior management promotions more often than not are from within giving junior staff confidence that Booz builds up and doesn't recruit out for leadership ... benefits, especially 401K are very nice.

Cons

Bonus (not 401K) only for senior management... technical staff promotion to Senior Management is far and few between, especially for amount of IT work done at the firm.

Advice to Management

Booz needs to work on keeping their client site staff in the loop on home office ongoings. Additoinally, I think Booz needs to realize that more than half their employees are outside the firewall.

"Great place for more experienced professionals"

Current Employee - Consultant I in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant I in McLean, VA

Pros

- Lots of networking opportunities to find colleagues working in your field- great way to find interesting projects/teams to work for that maybe you weren't initially hired into
    - Teleworking (sometimes)
    - Many experienced professionals who are experts in their fields and are great resources to have onsite

Cons

- Working for such a large company can make it difficult to take care of easy things (i.e. benefits questions, IT issues) - things that at a small company would be taken care of by someone onsite that you know by name

Advice to Management

More oversight on mid-level employees pushing work onto lower level employees who aren't being recognized for it.