Booz Allen Hamilton - One of the better companies for which I've worked | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"One of the better companies for which I've worked"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are pretty good for the area. The 401(k) program used to provide a fantastic profit sharing, but that is slowly phasing out and they're instituting a matching contribution program. BAH has taken care of me, and I have a really proactive management team.

Cons

Hard to advance your career client site, but I believe they are trying to restructure so that there will be career paths for those providing technical services vs. constantly building new business. I think peoples' experience with the company varies depending on the quality of their management team.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

1. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ECAP, Benefits, Leave. Great company to learn consulting in the federal environment. You have to be very dedicated to learning you skill set. If you want to make it at Booz you need to become a subject matter expert and learning business development. Also the culture of Booz Allen can take time to learn.

Cons

If you are looking for work life balance, Booz Allen is not the place. You are expected to be dedicated to your projects, participating in organizations outside of Booz Allen to build name recognition (your name) and doing proposal work... I would give BAH 5 stars if there was better work life balance.

"Not living up to expectations"

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Smart co-workers
    - Good internal support
    - Well-run company
    - Opportunities for on-the-job professional development

Cons

- Eroding culture - lack of investment in employee professional development is killing morale
    - Hard to collaborate with hoteling system
    - Limited social interaction with peers when you're on client site
    - Focus on federal clients can be frusturating and unrewarding for top performers
    - Senior Leadership focused on billable hours, versus other more progressive measures of productivity and contribution to firm (e.g. business development or practice development)

Advice to Management

Beware of brand dilution: re-invest in hiring and retaining top talent; look for opportunities beyond the federal space