Booz Allen Hamilton - Great company that is starting to fade. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"Great company that is starting to fade."

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture and benefits. Flexible work arrangements with good work/life balance.

Cons

Level of competency within the company has decreased the past few years

Advice to Management

Adopt more stringent hiring policies to maintain a higher standard of work. Booz Allen has become more interchangeable with competitors, decreasing the justification for the higher rate that it charges.

Other Employee Reviews for Booz Allen Hamilton

"A once great company that has been decimated by a series of bad decisions"

Former Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I spent over 8 years at Booz Allen and learned a lot. I had a fantastic manager who worked with me to ensure I maximized my learning opportunities. I have always said that a year at Booz Allen is like 3 years in a masters program / MBA - I learned a tremendous amount in the time I worked there.

Cons

For as great as my local management was, my future was tied to the pyramid system of marketing to different clients. If my clients budget was growing I had promotion opportunities, if it was shrinking then I had no hope. There is a lot of talk about cross-pollination between client teams and markets, but in my experience I did not see it happen as often as it should have.

Advice to Management

Study your competitors and try NOT to repeat their mistakes. With the Carlyle buy-out you've started down a path of becoming a "Lockheed Martin" and I think you've ruined the corporate culture because of it.

"Not the same company I joined 7 years ago... granted it's also not the same market we've seen during the last 10 years."

Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Lead Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Booz Allen Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Impressive coworkers that challenge you intellectually and professionally (for the most part); it's definitely still better than all the other "body factories," i.e. Sotera, GD, BAE, SAIC, etc. Firm is leading the way on Cyber, Cloud, and Big Data Analytics.

Cons

Firm has lost its differentiator as a company that "hires for a career." It's all about utilization now. If you're not client billable for more than a few weeks, it's "thanks, and good luck."

Advice to Management

Don't dilute the brand in your efforts to become more price competitive.